The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Store Keeper 2 , based in Jigjiga.
Storekeeper 2 is responsible for the proper handling and storage of goods in the warehouse in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs). S/he supervises and organizes the work of Storekeeper 1 and manual employees.
- Receives and checks incoming goods against the delivery note and reports any issues.
- Ensures that goods are properly stored, picked, packed and loaded and reports any issues.
- Ensures that all the stored goods are properly labelled (expiry dates, batch numbers, manufacturer, PO/OP Nos. etc.) and recorded.
- Weighs and tallies goods during loading and unloading.
- Updates bin cards and stock cards when supervising an inventory transaction.
- Participates in inventory counts.
- Keeps the facility's equipment and materials neat, clean and orderly and reports any issues.
- Where required, ensures that temperatures are properly recorded.
- Manage all administrative filing of his unit (Packing list, RO/SR, Claim, WB files, and related files)
- Appraise, brief and train all warehouse staffs namely, Storekeepers and manual employees
- Manages the logistics information system (JDE/OL 2.2)
- Follows-up any quality problems for incoming and outgoing items.
- Follow up of programmed cleanliness of the warehouse and offices all the time.
- Provides logistics support to ICRC Operation in Ethiopia or Jigjiga SD, in terms of warehousing and dispatching
- Follows-up of the Requisition Orders and their validation (all assistance and support departments)
- performs local purchase for warehouse items only (e.g. Padlocks or keys) when necessary in accordance with ICRC purchasing
- Will work very closely with Warehouse supervisor
- Be aware of the delegations’ objectives and activities
- Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Apply the security rules always
- Respects and observes the staff regulations of the ICRC in Ethiopia
- The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary
- description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary
- College or university diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management or similar fields.
- 2- 3 years’ work experience in a similar function
- Very good command (spoken and written) of English and the local working language.
- Computer literacy (Word, excel and others), mandatory
- 3 rd grade driving licence, mandatory and should pass ICRC internal driving test.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in a similar field and position or in store keeping.
- Team-management experience an asset.
- Detailed knowledge of the local area.
- Experience in humanitarian organization is an asset
- High organizational skills are required
- Good communication and negotiation skills
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church)/ICRC Sub – delegation in Jigjiga OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: June 22,2019
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.