Scope and background:
IRC have been present in Ethiopia since 2000 to respond to artificial and natural disasters. IRC is currently operational in five regional states and 24 refugee camps implementing a diverse range of multi-sectoral interventions. IRC currently responds to the needs of vulnerable HHs affected by conflict-induced displacement in Shebelle and Afder Zone and surrounding districts through a multi-sector interventions that address both short and long term needs. Under the program “Emergency life-saving and complimentary assistance to communities affected by draught in Elele and Qohle Woredas of Shebelle and Afder Zone ”, IRC intends to implement a multipurpose cash transfer project in the two zone in collaboration with the government, INGOs, and government partners to mitigate the impact of conflict and draught on the most vulnerable households (women, children, old people, and the person with a disability). The project intends to meet both food and non-food needs of the target households and their family members.
Reporting to Supply Chain Warehouse Officer, the Supply Chain Assistant-Warehouse is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of warehouse functions for the IRC Addis Ababa Warehouse. The supply chain Assistant-Warehouse must be able to properly keep program supplies, asset and equipment whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining proper recording and documentation.
Major key Responsibilities:
Proper Receipt and Inventories
- Ensuring the accuracy of materials is accurately inspected and received in reconciliation to the specifications originally stated on the PR/purchase request are in line with Purchase Orders and Delivery Notes.
- Assist to receive and dispatch items with proper records in accordance with IRC Warehouse operations policy and procedure,
- Materials are carefully counted during loaded and unloaded time.
- Assist the office during periodical inventories.
- Coordinate all loading and unloading activities being undertaken on timely basis,
- Monitor shortfall or excess inventory balance at the end of each stack and provides report to the Warehouse Officer.
- Delivery note is done and submitted to procurement staff with in one day after the material inspection completed and all the vital document and the required quantity is fulfilled.
- Inform to the respective staff up on arrival of their respective goods.
Proper Record keeping and updating
- All daily received goods are registered in to prolog data, stock card, warehouse registration book and bin card generated or updated immediately (with in one day)
- Materials returned from program are inspected, received and entered in to record.
- Use warehouse Register to record the daily activities of the Warehouse
- Ensure that all warehouse recording documents are properly filed.
- Ensure that warehouse inventory soft files are properly updated and saved.
- The Warehouse activity book (warehouse register book) recording all outgoing and incoming receipts of materials on daily bases and full information’s are recorded on it (delivery, way bill, store release, date, description, vehicle plate number etc.).
- All Warehouse materials document are maintained accurately according to IRC filing protocol.
Proper Management of the Warehouse
- Ensures that items in warehouse are classified and stored by Field Office and Programs,
- Ensures that bin cards are separately attached to each item in the warehouse,
- Ensures that bin cards are updated on time.
- Ensure the materials (asset in warehouse and warehouse inventory) are accurately shelved, shelf life is well trucked and all items in the WH are also very neat.
- Assist in preparation of regular reporting needs of the Warehouse including, weekly and monthly reports.
- Assist in keeping the Store clan and tidy.
- Ensuring the warehouse compound doors, windows, fences are safe and secure to the warehouse management system, insure and give any update to supply chain manager.
- Perform any other supply chain related function assigned by immediate supervisor or supply Chain Coordinator
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently & under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Working in a multi-cultural environment
- Diploma in supply Chain management, Management, Economics, business administration or related fields, 2 years’ experience Diploma & 0-year experience for Degree.
- Very good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word and Excel software application
- Must have good command of both spoken and written English and Amharic.
- NGO Experience is a plus.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the below IRC On-line recruitment website:
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible, also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards : The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.