With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Major Responsibilities :
- Advise and seek approval of internal customers of modifications from original requests.
- Facilitates across all parties the timely resolution of issues that could impact meeting the needs of the requestor and communities.
- Identify alternative supply sources for materials / services not under contract
- Work with Logistics to ensure safe delivery and receipt of ordered materials
- Resolve conflicts with deliveries and suppliers
- Execute the Market Assessment and Supplier Pre-Qualification process as per the set guidelines based on the set guidelines for the assigned categories.
- Manage the RFQ/RFP Process including baselines & price survey methodologies as per the approved framework for the assigned categories.
- Lead negotiations for the assigned Categories.
- Supervise the Sourcing events Filed Offices and Assistance work relating to sourcing.
- Preparation of Procurement Committee submission documents to ensure their comprehensiveness to allow an informed decision-making process
- Facilitate Purchasing Committee meetings and ensure that proper documentation is maintained.
Supplier Contract and Relationship Management
- Accurately complete the master data management form (or contract/supplier register)
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, renewal or retender, as appropriate for the assigned commodities.
- Ensure that contractual conditions and performance indicators are understood by the suppliers.
- Identify & resolve or escalate contract-related issues both internally and externally.
- Analyze supplier performance based on customer feedback information & other sources and coordinate with supplier for improvement.
- Receive incoming Purchase Requisitions (Pending Buyer Action), verify specifications are clear, conduct sourcing event if required items are not already on contract, update the PR with actual supplier record and release PR for approval.
- Follow Procurement Polices and guidelines in Supplier Award decisions under the applicable threshold.
- Manage PO Change requests coordinating with Requesters, Budget Owners and Suppliers
- Consolidates all required documentation for presentation to Finance for timely supplier payment for materials and services delivered.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- MA/BA Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration Management and related fields.
Required Professional Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Procurement and Logistics, with regards to the designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development, emergency and advocacy projects and at least 2 years’ experience in managing complex grants and programs/projects with significant experience in overseeing large multi-year program
- NGO experience is preferred
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office-based with frequent travel to the implementation districts
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only