The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Supply Chain Officer (12 months Fixed Term contract) based in Nekemte.
· Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
· Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
· Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
· Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
· Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
· Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
· Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
· May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Processes and fulfils clients’ orders according to the ICRC’s logistical and financial procedures and pre-established fulfilment guidelines.
· Ensures that the priorities set by the Supply Chain Coordinator(s)/Logistician are followed.
· Keeps service requesters regularly informed of the progress of their requests.
· Records and files documents pertaining to the ordering process; registers and forwards claims and comments from service requesters.
· Updates logistics dashboards and provides statistics.
· Contributes to supply chain support for an assigned geographic area or specific group of products.
· Tracks the process of order completion with upstream branch, purchasing, warehouse team and informs the requesters accordingly
· Ensure that SRs are confirmed by the originators.
· Maintains backorders and ensures that stocks are properly allocated to the orders
· Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
· Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
· Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
· Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
· Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development
· University degree or technical degree with equivalent experience in logistics, administration or equivalent.
· Good command of spoken and written English and the local working language.
· Computer literacy; good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Knowledge of enterprise resource planning software is an asset.
· Typically three to five years’ overall professional experience.
· Three years’ previous experience in administration or in a supply chain/logistics department.
· Good knowledge of supply chain processes.
How to Apply
You can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (Around Megenagna, in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church OR you can submit in Nekempte Sub delegation OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: 11 June 2021
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.