Purpose of the position:
Water and Civil Work Engineer will be responsible to supervise, conduct design, studies and review water resource development and other civil works implementation. And closely follow up and ensure the implementation of water resource development projects and other civil works are in line with the plan, design, available standards, community needs and donors requirement.
Duty station: At five Districts
1. Buie (Sodo Guraghe, SNNPRS),
2. Boset/Chefe Donsa (Gimbichu, Oromia)
3. Gojo/Adea Berga(Jeldu, Oromia),
4. Yed Wuha/Enemay (Shebel Berenta, Amhara)
5. Akesta/Kombolcha(Legambo, Amhara),
Two engineers per location
Major Responsibilities :
· Undertake study & design work of the CIFF Funded all types of WASH and Civil works within the designated geographic area of operation; Review and conduct detail investigation on water resource development and other civil works projects sites before commencement of the construction;
· Design using AUTOCAD, WATER CAD and Other Engineering Software, and/ or approve all designs to be efficient, cost effective, inclusive, innovative and appropriate to the local conditions.
· Collect drawings/designs, specifications, bill of quantities from concerned government offices and review/verify technical compliance; Engage in the design review of documents produced by government bodies in consultation with relevant partners.
· Prepare bill of quantities, specification and cost estimate for water resource development and other civil work projects;
· Ensure the study and design of WASH projects are in compliance with community needs, donor's requirements, WV and government policies and national standards;
· Ensure proper study/design documentation & reporting are in place to be shared for concerned ones;
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment and ensure the integration of water, sanitation and hygiene activities implementation.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· Qualification required: M.Sc /B.Sc Degree in Water Resource Engineering, Civil Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Hydraulics Engineering and other related fields;
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
§ Experience: 5 yrs for M.Sc and 7 yrs for B.Sc with minimum of 4 years on relevant experience in WASH in an international NGO or other big construction organization with special focus on design and contract administration
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Special training on design, Construction Supervision and Contract Administration
· Application software usage, AUTOCAD, WATER CAD, and other Engineering Software
Travel and/or Work Environment
· Office based with frequent travel to the field.
· Travel: 80% Domestic travel is required.
· On call: 40%.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected] or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies
** Please indicate you preferred duty station/district on the application form.