The Civil and Water Works Team Leader will be responsible for design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the water and civil works component of the CIFF funded water and electrification project. He/She is primarily responsible to lead the feasibility study and design of the different types of water supply systems in the project operation areas. Make sure the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all activities and products generated under the project. Play leadership role for the successful implementation of the water schemes and coordinate the water safety plan performances in the intervention woredas
Major Responsibilities :
· Manage the planning, study & design work implementation and monitoring of the CIFF Funded all types of water and Electrification project and Civil works within the designated geographic area of operation.
· Manage the coordination and facilitation of activities assigned to the water supply design specialists, project quality control & assurance specialists and electrical technology specialist.
· Design using AUTOCAD, WATER CAD, WATERGEMS and Other Engineering Software, and/ or approve all designs to be efficient ,cost effective, inclusive, innovative and appropriate to the local conditions;
· Ensure the Water and Civil Works and Electrification component of the project comply with donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and global standards.
· Ensure the ground water investigation and study works component of the project comply with donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and global standards by closely working with the hydrogeological investigation team leader.
· Play leadership role for the successful implementation of the water schemes and coordinate the water safety plan performances in the intervention woredas, and monitoring activities of newly constructed & rehabilitated schemes implemented by the project in the operation area in collaboration with the WASH Governance coordinator and officers.
· Ensure the required study documents delivery, evaluation and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
· Engage in reviewing activity vs. budget plan to monitor the activity progress and budget utilization.; Guide and ensure the preparation of high quality programmatic and financial reports, for donors and support offices.
· Develop and regularly update a detailed project work plan guiding the project implementation and ensure this is used by the project team to monitor project progress.
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· Experience on WASH Program Management, designing of big water supply systems, contract administration and construction supervision
· Experience on electrification and solar system design, plan and implementation
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
· Qualification required: M.Sc /B.Sc Degree in Water Resource Engineering, Civil Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Hydraulics Engineering and other related fields;
· Experience: 10 yrs for M.Sc and 12 yrs for B.Sc with minimum of 6 years on WASH programs leadership experience in an international NGO or similar organization. Demonstrated knowledge on different water schemes study and design is preferable.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Basic computer knowledge (word, Excel, and Outlook) and advanced knowledge of current up-to-date design software such as AUTOCAD, WATER CAD. Special training on design, Construction Supervision and Contract Administration. Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Travel and/or Work Environment
· Office based with frequent travel to the field:
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected] or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies