Shemu Group is a conglomerate of companies composed of Shemu PLC, Asveza Ethiopia Retailing Share Company, S-boom Agro-Processing and other functional companies with a fast growing track record of accomplishment. The Companies in Shemu Group are engaged in merchandise, retail, import-export, manufacturing(liquid soap, bar soap, Edible oil and shortening products), agriculture, renewable energy & service sectors that provides the society a sustainable solution services and products. Based on this, our sister Company, Asveza Ethiopia Retailing Share company, want to hire competent, energetic, enthusiastic and capable applicants for the post we have.
Main duties and responsibilities
The holder of this position is responsible for preparing journal entries and preparing payment vouchers, processing financial transactions, entering data into the computer, making reconciliation, preparing reports in accordance with Accounting and Financial Policies and Procedures.
Detail duties and responsibilities
- Verifies and ensures the required documentation and authorization is presented before effecting payments and encoding data into the system;
- Ensure that planned activities are carried out in line with the approved annual plan and budget;
- Process payments which involve ensuring all payments are adequately supported by appropriate documentation;
- Write checks based on the approved payment vouchers;
- Ensure that the necessary format and documentation is used before and after payment is affected;
- Ensure all suppliers invoices and bills are paid on a timely basis;
- Enters all financial data into system;
- Ensure tax and other liabilities are paid out to the relevant authorities on time;
- Prepares cash transfer letters;
- Prepares journal entries for, transfers, correction and adjustments;
- Reconciles bank statements with books of accounts;
- Files all financial documents and reports;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.A. in Accounting from recognized university
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Multi tasked
- Good communication skill
- Cost Conscious
- Accuracy and analytical ability
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner;
- Good skills in computer and ERP Software like MS Dynamics Nav, SAP
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of working in retailing business is A+
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter, CV, and relevant credentials with non-returnable photocopies in person within Five (05) consecutive working days to Shemu Group Corporate Office located around Kality Total, in front of Kality Metals Factory, Shemu Group Corporate Office 2nd floor Or through email stating “ Accountant ” in the subject line through email [email protected] in a single pdf file attachment.
Email applicants who do not follow the application instruction will NOT be considered.
Shemu Management Consultants PLC
Asveza Ethiopia Retailing Share Company