An agricultural engineer is responsible for making general farming practice safe, sustainable, and friendly to the environment and entails looking into new technology that will help in the improvement and/or increment in agricultural produce, land use, and control of resources.
As an Agricultural Engineer you are also conducts analysis of agricultural activities/operations in a given farm area and the agricultural engineer’s role also involves recommending ways by which the safety and well-being of other agricultural workers, animals, and farm/agricultural produce are maintained at all times.
Agricultural Engineer is normally responsible for designing agricultural equipment, and also involved in the development of new ways of planting, harvesting, and general land preparation and tries as much as possible to improve on ways by which loss of crop yield is reduced during the entire process of handling and packaging of the final agricultural output.
Agricultural engineers make use of automation and precision technology with both new and existing agricultural equipment that they also help in the research process for discovering new uses of agricultural byproducts.
Agricultural Engineer usually works with industries that are related to the agricultural sector. These industries may include agricultural equipment manufacturing companies, agro processing and distribution companies, and other related task.
Agricultural engineers perform various functions in making sure that agricultural procedures and/or processes are duly carried out, and that product yield is fully maximized.
The job description below is a typical example of the kind of tasks, duties, and responsibilities commonly assigned to individuals who work as agricultural engineers in most farms or agricultural facilities/settings:
- Designing agricultural machinery and/or equipment
- Testing agricultural machinery so as to ensure that operations within the farm are carried out smoothly and efficiently
- Designing crop storage facilities, animal, and crop processing, and overseeing the construction and/or setting up of these facilities
- Conducting educational programs that help farmers with relevant information that they need for the improvement and enhancement of their agricultural produce
- Supervising agro processing and manufacturing procedures within a particular farm
- Designing agro processing plants and other related mechanical systems
- Preparing sketches, drawings, proposals, and budgets needed for previously planned agricultural sites.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
- Required Educational Qualification and work Experience BSc. Degree in Agricultural Engineering or Other Agricultural Engineering related fields with 7 years of related experience
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Possession of good interpersonal skills is a must
- A high level of knowledge pertaining to the installation, use, and repair of agricultural equipment
- Must be able to work as part of a team or to lead a team if the need arises
- Must be someone that pays keen attention to details
- Must have excellent coordination and organizational abilities
- Ability to solve complex problems. That is to say that the engineer must have good problem-solving abilities
- Must display flexibility while carrying out duties
- Must have good time management skills
- Must have in-depth knowledge of general agricultural procedures Required Number: 3
How to Apply