- Company: World Vision Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Sokoru
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - NGO Jobs in EthiopiaSocial Science/CommunityWorld Vision Jobs in Ethiopia
World Vision Ethiopia began its first intervention in Ethiopia in 1971 with relief and opened the Ethiopia office in 1975. Relief, rehabilitation and small community development projects dominated the decade that followed. During the 1984/85 drought, World Vision Ethiopia participated in a massive relief operation that saved the lives of millions of people.
- Assure that the APs projects are implemented in line with Technical Programme standards and processes of LEAP 3.0.
- Ensure that Sponsorship in Programming (SiP) and child protection standards are adhered to and adequately integrated into programming both at design/redesign stage and annual operation plan for community transformation.
- Prepare quality and timely detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) for program/projects of all funding streams.
- Prepare quality and timely monthly, quarterly, bi –annual and annual projects/programs report together with annual budget, and facilitate program/project monthly funding and review financial reports.
- Ensure that both Evaluation and Audit (Finance and Risk Based) recommendations are timely responded to, fully implemented and progress is reported quarterly.
- Ensure that all systems and approaches such as Horizon, LEAP, SiP, SingleSTEP, Sun6, etc, are adhered to for program effectiveness.
- Assure that all projects meet the government of Ethiopia standards and approvals are in place before implementation.
Program Execution And Financial Accountability
- Ensure that communities and staff are empowered to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the program activities for quality and sustainable development.
- Ensure that all the APs funding streams are implemented within 90%-100% of plans. (Annual spending vs budget, Activity plan vs realized)
- Assure that the APs activities are monitored in relation to their ITTs and that lessons are discussed, shared and acted on.
- Coordinate the proper implementation of programs/projects of all funding streams as per Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) or other planning documents.
Enforce stewardship and accountability by ensuring that resources are efficiently and effectively utilized within the program/project for the intended purpose and to minimize risks.
- Ensure proper utilization of program funds as per DIP.
- Closely monitor the ADP budget as per allocated budget.
- Adhere with internal control and ensure all staffs comply with financial internal control.
- Ensure that materials, supplies and equipment and other assets are managed according to support service guidelines.
Sponsorship In Programming (SiP)
- Build capacity of community, frontline staff and sponsorship staff on SiP and child protection.
- Empower all the frontline staff (TP officers) to integrate SiP and child protection in their project planning and implementation.
- Assure all new initiatives are implemented to strengthen sponsors’ communication to attract new and maintain existing sponsors.
- Ensure all the key performance indicators (KPI) are kept at green for at least 11 months per year as per the required standard.
- Assure that AP staff and volunteers work to strengthen engagement and empowerment of children, families and community in the sponsorship business process for effective and efficient result.
- Assure the AP facilitates transformed/biblical world view and translate it into community mind set for sustainably improving child wellbeing.
- Assure the APs actions empower community to change the mindset towards development.
- Assure the APs actions build awareness, and action on issues in relation to child protection including violence, neglect, abuse and violence.
- Assure the APs actions empower the community to identify, plan and implement actions to improve the wellbeing of children.
- Facilitate integration of transition plans and disaster preparedness plans into design/redesign and annual plan document and ensure implementation for sustainable development.
- Assure the AP develops and works to strengthen of local institutions (CBOs, CCCs, FBFs, and Commercial Village, etc).
- Monitor performance of the ADP in relation to community empowerment approach.
Working In Partnership With Others
- Facilitate networking relationships and participation with wide stakeholders such as government, faith based organization leaders, church, CCCs, CBOs, and other key partners at local level.
- Enhancing Vision Fund Ethiopia (VFE) integration for profitable agriculture and enterprise development.
- Facilitate team building motivate and maintain strong relationships, be passionate for the poor, making an impact, and bear witness to God’s Kingdom.
- Roll out TEECAP strategy to partners including the communities, government, NGOs, FBOs, CBOs and others.
- Provide spiritual support to staffs and reinforce the Core Values to enable understanding of WV operations and culture.
- Coordinate and facilitate performance management and ensure there is performance culture among the ADP staff.
- Provide technical support in capacity building of frontline staff in development of key programming areas specifically in new technical approach and program and other areas for program effectiveness.
Required Education, Training, License, Registration, And Certification
BA/BSc Degree in Social sciences, Development Studies and related fields.
Preferred Knowledge And Qualifications
- Computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability in supervision.
- Able to contextualize development models in an innovative way.
- Rooted and able to form a connection to the community – and must demonstrate passion for living and working in the ADP area.
- Empowerment focused as opposed to service delivery.
- Able to engage religious leaders of all faiths by mobilizing them to promote holistic development.
- Experience in working with donor funds, sponsorship operations and grants funding.
- Working knowledge of disaster management, emergency preparedness, monitoring and evaluation, sphere standards are added advantage.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and other stakeholders.
Applicant Types Accepted : Local Applicants Only