In recognition of the short and long term impact COVID19 and in particular, in view of the increased focus on the most vulnerable COVD19 affected household meeting basic needs through multi-sector cash transfer programs (CTPs), IRC is planning to undertake a Versatile cash transfer project in Gedeo zone in coordination with government, INGOs and DRA partners. The role of CA in this project is to plan, support, and deliver cash transfer in the project implemented site zone. The position requires a strong operational background in delivering cash transfer programs. The Cash Programme Officer will be deployed at a field level, within technical management of the IRC Hawassa ERR Manager (HP), to support the setup and/or implementation of the cash transfer program area. She/he will be encouraged to support all aspects of setting up and/or handling all operational areas connected to the cash delivery mechanism, including budget development and reporting, partners’ coordination and representation, security, logistics, compliance with internal policies and procedures, and management of teams.
The Cash Transfer Programming Officer position is responsible for carrying out all assigned program delivery with respect to vital cash transfer in the Gedeo zone. so many cash transfer response is crafted to respond to COVID19 affected communities in the Gedio zone –Yirgachefe woreda. Multipurpose Cash transfer is to provide the much-needed cash for food and crucial basic needs for COVID 19 affected households. The Cash Programming Officer is the primary field-level in the Gedio zone position for Multipurpose cash transfer. The Officer spends most of his/her time in the field, identifying priority needs and target communities those affected by COVID19 related risks, conducting IDPs verification assessment, conducting market assessment in the areas of a needy community, conducting post-distribution monitoring, establishing relationships with the community, local government, and leaders, supervising field-level operations, such as the delivery of materials/inputs, registration of complaints, and payment to beneficiaries. The Cash Transfer Officer will technically report to Sr. Cash Officer based in head office Ababa and ERR Manager (HP) in Hawassa is the immediate supervisor.
Provide assistance to the implementation of operational elements of cash transfer program activities in the Gedeo zone, collaboratively with the Hawassa ERR team and field coordinator and the rest of the Hawassa and Aleta Wondo operation team, and with the assistance of a senior cash transfer duty station in Addis.
Leads the process of identifying beneficiary communities/targeting based on robust and participatory criteria, assist other CTP staffs, if any
Prepare Purchase Requests for program supplies/activities and liaison with field SC and finance team to undertake field procurement as designated and authorized.
Be responsible for establishing and coordinating cash delivery mechanisms for IRC in the designated project areas.
They will work jointly with other services delivery, or financial service delivery (FSP) and Mobile Network Operators.
Ensure that narratives and financial reporting is delivered in accordance with IRC as well as donor contractual requirements, and within the agreed timescale and budget.
Participate in zonal cash coordination and another humanitarian coordination platform at field level
Work with Safety and Security colleagues to develop and implement effective Protection and safekeeping procedures for specific cash transfer programming activities, ensuring that these are updated and revised at regular intervals and that new programs are built around security considerations
Provide cash transfer sensitization for target households
- Ensure and put in place the vital compliant management and response mechanisms in collaboration with the senior cash transfer officer in Addis and ERR Manager (HP) in Hawassa.
- Work with and provide timely technical support to the IRC’s implementing partners; maintain supportive and constructive relations with partner staff
- Aligned with IRC’s Global policies such as, Whistleblowing, Fraud, and Safety and other relevant policies
- Handle file-level staff such as cash transfer assistant
Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist in the collection of data, the conduct of assessments (needs, market, risks, and security) and provide input for concept note/ proposal development for cash transfer project in Association with the local community structures and community members
- Supervise progress against grant work plan; promptly identifying any current or potential delays
- Assist his/her supervisors to ensure all monitoring activities are fully detailed, including detailed and timely data collection as required under the grant and for IRC M&E purposes.
Capacity Building and Coaching:
- Aware the communities, government partners, and partners to consider cash response as one modality at appropriate situation.
- Capacitate the community facilitators, staff under his/her supervisee, and others (if any) on cash Transfer Programming (CTP).
- Support and mentor the FSP to meet the humanitarian principles during the Cash Response program/facilitating the payment to the beneficiaries.
Coordination and Representation
- Represent the IRC on Cash coordination meetings at different levels like region, zone, and woreda level.
- Identify and work very closely with Financial Service Providers (FSP).
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisors to enable and develop IRC programs
First degree in social science in economics, agriculture economics or postgraduate degree Minimum 3 years for 1st degree and 2 years for post-graduate Degree in Agri-economics, Economics, Marketing, Rural Development, Banking, Project Management, or similar with proven experience of the position demand.Proven abilities on the cash-based program (specific abilities or skills required).
INGO experience is a plus
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes partnership, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible, and able to work under pressure well.
- Good communication and social skills.
- Proficiency in English, Amharic required and also other local languages preferred
- Good in basic digital literacy (like Microsoft – word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
How to Apply
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC, Hawassa and directly applying through the below links is also mandatory