ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position : Cashier
Term of Employment : One year wit possibility of extension
Duty Station(s) : SNNPR
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits : Competitive
Application Deadline : September 15, 2019
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The regional cashier is responsible to collect funds and effect payments according to ATA standard procedures. The main function is to collect money and effect different form of payments like workshops, Training and other procurement related payments that daily occurs in relation to the regional ATA office.
- Prepare receipt vouchers and collect cash and/or cheque from various sources and organizations and deposit intact into the regional Bank accounts.
- Ensure that all collections and payments are done against serially pre-numbered cash receipt and cash payment vouchers.
- Intact deposit all collections received from advance settlement or other sources;
- Record daily transactions and reconciliations for CRV & Petty Cash on spread sheet;
- Effect payments related with workshop across the region up on requests and when necessary and after documents fulfilled.
- Maintain petty cash fund, keeps in the safe place and prepares cash report with all supporting documents.
- Request for replenishment when the expenditure reaches 75% of the petty cash fund upon the authorization and approval of the regional operations Director and senior Finance Officer.
- Make cash payments only after getting approval/authorization from Responsible authority.
- Prepare receipts for Government withheld taxes VAT & WHT and provide to the supplier up on issuing the payment.
- Obtain a copy of VAT registration certificate and TIN from suppliers’/service providers whenever issuing a payment.
- Keep payments/receipt vouchers and their supporting documents in safe place until they are transferred to the head office monthly.
- For reconciliation purpose keep a copy of each payment and maintain in the regional office.
- Prepare receipt vouchers and collects refunds for personal telephone, faxes and vehicle usage.
- Prepare weekly cash position for the consumption of bank signatories;
- Reconcile cash accounts with financial documents and update the cash book regularly.
- Checks and pay all office bill /telephone, fax, water, electricity, house rents, etc. on time.
- Comply with all relevant ATA policies and procedures.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all ATA resources in order to keep costs low.
- Customer-oriented and cool tempered.
- Perform all other duties as requested by the regional Operations Director related to the position and assists the Senior Finance Officer in his/her daily routine.
- BA degree in Accounting from recognized university/college.
- At least two years’ related work experience, working as a cashier or related position,
- Skill in the overall management of cash.
- Knowledge in Microsoft applications is a must; knowledge on accounting software like QB, Peach-tree and others are advantageous.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Amharic is highly desired.
- Knowledge of Local languages is advantageous.
- Submitting Guarantee upon request is mandatory.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV ( maximum 3 pages) at http://apply.ata.gov.et
Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.