People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Cashier for the new ECHO HIP Emergency Project
Length of Contract: definite employment contract (1 year)
Required Number: 2 (Two)
Cashier duties and responsibilities are:
- Management of the cash box
- Collect petty cash from the bank in accordance with security rules
- Issue payment, advances and advance clearances only upon proper documentation is received with all necessary approvals and signatures.
- Manage cash transaction only if it is recorded to Database.
- Prepare physical cash count on weekly bases on Fridays before closing office hours and archive the signed cash count form in share point
- Scanning and Archiving of cash documents in share Point
- Database management
- Record data to Database based on the checked, complete and proper documentation.
- Record all transaction within cash box into Database prior the payment is issued.
- Prepare published Cash Payment Voucher
- Admin Support of the office and the projects
- Pay Salary and taxes prepared on monthly bases
- issue the contribution of staff’s PE/PF prepared on monthly bases
- support financial and project staff with minor tasks and request on regular bases
- support Logistic/procurement unit by facilitating payment
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting and financial management
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience on similar position in the sector with handling of cash
- NGO experience is advantageous
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English
- Good written communication, report writing skills and capacity to work under stress
- Who Can bring guarantee
- 3 strong references will be crosschecked
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send CV and the necessary documents until June 02,2021 via following the link: APPLY-Cashier-for ECHO HIP Emergency Project
Should any information needed please contact using: [email protected]
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies
Women and internal Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.