- Company: Digital Green
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
Digital Green is an International Non-Government Organization that empowers smallholder farmers to lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the collective power of technology and grassroots-level partnerships. We join forces with governments, private agencies and, most importantly, rural communities themselves to co-create digital solutions that are of the community and for the community. In Ethiopia, Digital Green is working in four regions (Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, SNNP) promoting video-enabled extension approach in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture and Regional Bureaus of Agriculture and Natural Resource.
Digital Green is entering an exciting phase of development as it expands its digital technologies, thematic areas and geographies. As part of this expansion, Digital Green is building a team of exceptional individuals with a passion for finding solutions to pressing development problems, a curiosity about complex issues facing the rural poor, and a drive to tell our story. This is an exciting opportunity to join Digital Green’s growing team in Ethiopia, supporting our ongoing and new programs.
The Cashier, a new position for Digital Green’s Digital Agricultural Advisory Services (FarmStack) project, funded by The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, will mainly assist to facilitate disbursement process by actively participating from receiving expense report packages to conducting initial review process and make bank transfers; and facilitating training payments by roving to each training/meeting/workshop sites and settle the advance as per the policy. The Cashier will be responsible to execute all financial related tasks which are guided by F&A Unit.
The position will require extreme level of attention to detail, accuracy while operating in a time sensitive and demanding atmosphere. The position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia but will travel extensively where the project work requires assistance in facilitating payments and other financial administration assistance.
- Assist Addis office Finance and Admin Officer and Senior Finance Manager in the preparation of Bank letters and checks for advance liquidation, travel expense reports, and training payments.
- Assist and follow-up with the regional field team to ensure travel advances and expense reports are submitted and settled as per the global travel policy.
- Dispatch checks and bank letters to the bank and collect bank debit and credit advices in a timely manner.
- Keep track record of dispatched travel expense reports and facilitate payment processes for regional team in a timely manner.
- Ensures all regional team payment related and documentation requirements issues are resolved and liaised with the Finance and Admin Officer in Addis.
- Coordinate with Finance and Admin Officer and Senior Finance Manager on pending training and other service provider payments. When necessary, settle monthly withholding and income tax payments.
- Responsible to all payment and journal vouchers are filed sequentially and labelled in monthly basis.
- Facilitate payments for training by traveling to each training sites within the region, and settle back within the timeline specified in DG global travel policy.
- Collaborate with the Logistics and Procurement Officer to resolve any issues that may arises while using Concur Travel Software.
- Undertakes other related works assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Three to five years of related experience, preferably within an NGO setting.
- Good computer skill in MS Offices and operating office equipment (Scanning, Photocopy)
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of computerized Accounting, i.e. QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, etc
- Knowledge and practical skills in MS Excel and Word.
- Proficiency in Afan Oromo language; to communicate verbally and able to read.
- Able to travel to project locations outside Addis frequently.