As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver community service through its 58 Area Development programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. Currently, WVE envisions a thriving organization where our improved business processes come together to transform and model organizational leadership built on sustainable practices. WVE is looking for persons who fulfill the following qualifications.
Purpose of the position:
|To coordinate and follow up WVE Climate Change and Environment Projects overall interventions planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting, evaluation|
- Coordinate all of the Sustainable Food security and Livelihood plan implementation as per the plan, Emission Reduction Purchase Agreements, project design document and schedules,
- Follow up timely replacement of Energy Efficient cook stoves and ensure all the necessary data is timely captured in to the data base and submitted timely,
- Follow up on timely execution of regular monitoring, functionality survey and tests of energy efficient stoves project
- Lead and carry out carbon monitoring with high quality and ensuring fulfillment of the requirements
- Prepare regular reports to the donors and government concerned bodies ensuring that reporting requirements are met and submitted on time and in high quality.
- Enforce stewardship by ensuring efficient and effective utilization of project resources for the intended purpose in the project
- Provide overall budget monitoring and expenses control including compliance with minimum WVE and donor requirements
- Engagement in team work with other sectors of ADP, PrO and climate change & environment program initiatives
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
MSC/MA, BA/BSc. In Environmental science, Agricultural economics, agriculture,
Developmental studies or related fields. Experience: at least 6 years’ Experience in community development works, environmental protection, in renewable and energy efficient technologies
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Preferred: Experience in women empowerment
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Professional licenses, as required in the field and by the donor
Project life cycle management
Skills in participatory data collection and facilitating collaborative problem solving.
Ability to foster commitment and build capacity among activity staff and in-country actors to environment & climate change project integration and empowerment.
Strong management and interpersonal skills
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 35% Domestic travel is required.
- On call: 20%
Additional Requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values. World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from wve-jaf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We do not receive hard copies