|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency|
|Job Title||:||Communication Officer|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, February 7, 2020|
|Application Deadline||:||Thursday, February 13, 2020|
Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Position: Communication Officer
– Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
– Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
– Required Number: One
– Salary & Benefits: Competitive
– Application Deadline: February 13, 2020
• Implement the ATA Communications Strategy together with the other Communications team staff.
• Develop consistent and appropriate communications materials (reports, brochures, newsletters, press releases and presentations) for various target audiences, including ATA’s partners, government institutions, media agencies, and the public.
• Lead or support the organization of events, such as project launches, field days, and press conferences, for priority projects or on an ad hoc basis.
• Build and maintain relationships with communications/public relations teams at key partner institutions.
• Work with priority project teams to assist their communications activities, particularly by providing coaching regarding media engagement.
• Develop and maintain an up-to-date contacts database of partners and donors.
• Maintain and manage a database of key media ensure a pool of agriculture-reporting journalists is developed, Develop and maintain an up-to-date contacts database of partners and donors.
• Facilitate media interviews with appropriate ATA staff.
• Maintain and regularly update the ATA website and the ATA Hub.
• Write, edit and proofread Amharic documents, as needed.
• Assist with translation of organizational publications from Amharic to English or vice versa, taking the lead in translation as needed.
• Liaise with ATA program/project teams to remain abreast of progress and developments and maintain up-to-date information relevant for the production of communications materials.
• Work closely with the Senior Communications Officer and follow his guidance to ensure alignment of outputs and products.
• Oversee, and. as needed, handle the regular dissemination of “the week ahead at ATA” to all ATA staff.
• Manage the weekly highlight and updates from the ATA Hub.
• Conduct media monitoring and report on any developments of concern or impact to ATA’s work.
• Engage in other internal and external communication activities as assigned by the Communications Director or her/his designee.
• Liaise with service providers such as consultants, external translators, photographers and printing companies.
• Take minutes at Communications team minutes and archive all meeting notes.
• Track project timelines and develop plan to meet deadlines.
• Manage the ATA and Communications team email accounts.
• Handle any other related tasks as requested, shifting roles with other team members as the need arises.
How to Apply:
• We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) at http://apply.ata.gov.et
• Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, journalism, international relations, media relations or equivalent.
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a generalist corporate communications role with a national or international focus.
• Self-motivated, organized team-player, capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• First rate written and verbal communication skills in both English and Amharic, with some experience with translation work.
• Experience dealing with government bodies, development agencies, media, and the general public.
• Strong professional commitment and orientation within the agriculture and/or development sectors.
• Innovative and problem-solving skills and capacity to deliver under pressure.
• High level of commitment and working with minimal supervision.
• Willing to work extra hours as needed.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|