- Company: Frankfurt Zoological Society
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS), founded in 1858, is an international conservation organization based in Germany. In Ethiopia, FZS focusses on the Bale Mountains, supporting the Ethiopian Government and local communities in conserving Africa’s largest tract of Afroalpine habitat and the equally important Harenna forest through the development of conservation-compatible livelihoods.
FZS is part of a consortium led by Farm Africa and including, SOS Sahel-Ethiopia, PHE-EC and IWMI, which has secured funding from the EU to implement an integrated multi-sector landscape management programme in Bale Eco-Region in Oromia National Regional State of Ethiopia (the SHARE II project).
FZS is seeking to recruit:
Key Job requirements
- BSC/MSc in Agricultural Extension, Agricultural Economics, Plant Sciences, General Agriculture, Livestock /Animal science or other related disciplines. Experience of training on agricultural extension system is desirable
- Knowledge of the Agricultural development policy in Ethiopia. Knowledge of the crop and livestock development approaches is desirable
- Knowledge of gender and social inclusiveness
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in livelihood, crop and livestock development. Previous NGO work experience in agricultural (crop & livestock development) is desirable.
- Practical experience of working on agricultural extension, crop and livestock development areas
- Experience of project planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience working in the area of value chain and economic strengthening of rural community
- Good English language skills (written and spoken). Knowledge of local language is advantageous
- Motorcycle driving licence
- Computer literacy, excellent record keeping and report writing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good team building skills and the ability to work in a multi partner context
- Budget and financial management, training needs assessment and training facilitation
- Willingness to reside in rural/marginal areas, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the goals and values of FZS
- Good community level facilitation and coordination skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV to the following address: Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) P.O. Box 100003 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or
email@example.com or submit it in person to FZS offices in Addis Ababa, Dinsho or Bale-Robe .
The cover letter will be used to judge the quality of your application and should answer the following questions:
What led you to apply for this position?
What is the most important technical ability you would bring to the role?
What is the most important technical ability that you would need to develop to successfully fulfil this role?
What is your most important personal characteristic that would help you succeed in this role?
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Application deadline will be ten days from the first day of announcement.