VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 33 – 2020/21
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic African Exchange of choice. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform and warehousing service through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. The ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, the Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruited motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
1. Position: Cupper I
Job Grade: 6
Duty Station: Tepi, Bonga & Ghimbi and Volunteer to be assigned at any available Branches
Availability: As Soon As Possible
Job Purpose: The purpose of the job is to inspect, analyze, grade and prepare coffee quality certificate for washed, natural and local coffee as per Exchange coffee contracts, specification and quality operations manual.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Registers each sample before inspection
· Performs inspection, analysis and sets grade to all coffee samples that come through coding room and submits the results as per the ECX grading procedures.
· Prepares accurate grading sheet in three copies and distributes to the appropriate section.
· Ensures proper handling and placement of quality equipment.
· Prepares and submits report on daily inspection and grading to immediate supervisor.
· Responsible and accountable for all grading result given by him/her
· Ensures all coffee samples are inspected in panel and co-signed by the second cupper participating in the panel.
· In case of suspicion on samples, requests re-sampling before the quality assessment is carried out and informs the immediate supervisor.
· Presents report on commonly observed quality problems while conducting inspection.
· Maintains the neatness of coffee laboratories as well as equipment and avoids any contact with contaminant/artificial odor.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
· BSc in Plant Science/Horticulture or related fields
· 3 Months Cupper training and certification
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: [email protected] or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa or at Respective ECX branch Offices on or before March 12, 2021
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE LOCATION & POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.