ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position : Delivery Analyst, Regional Delivery Unit (Re-advert)
Term of Employment : One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station(s) : Regional Bureau of Agriculture (Tigray)
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits : Competitive
Application Deadline : February 16, 2020
The Delivery Analyst supports planning, problem solving and analysis within the Regional Delivery Unit. The Delivery Analyst will work with the Senior Delivery Analyst(s) and Agricultural Commercialization Cluster (ACC) and Transformation Agenda Deliverable (TAD) owners within the Regional Bureau of Agriculture to ensure meaningful planning and target setting, timely and accurate reporting, and rigorous and practical problem-solving. The person in this role will also work to strengthen the project management and analytical capacity of the ACC and TAD owners.
The Delivery Analyst will report to the Manager of the Delivery Unit, and work with other Senior Delivery Analysts and Senior Data & Reporting Officers and a technical team (ACC/TAD Program Leads and Specialists). The Delivery Unit is part of the Regional ATA Office vertical and will be embedded in the Regional Bureau of Agriculture. The successful candidate for this role will have superior analytical and communication skills and demonstrate focus and urgency in their work, along with a passion for both results and capacity building. We are applying private sector style rigor to major social issues that can transform Ethiopian society.
- Work with Senior Delivery Analyst to run a process to facilitate meaningful and timely planning and target-setting by project teams.
- Work with Senior Delivery Analyst to monitor activity management and reporting for the ACC and TAD, working closely with technical team.
- Ensure critical issues are effectively escalated to senior leadership.
- With the support of Senior Delivery Analyst and Delivery Manager, identify risks and issues affecting delivery of initiatives and promptly communicate upward with solution options
- Provide analytical problem-solving support to senior leadership on high priority requests.
- Work with Senior Delivery Analyst to propose and support roll out of enhancements to planning, tracking, reporting and escalation processes in the Delivery Unit and in collaboration with the Senior Data & Reporting Officer and technical team.
- Support the Development training materials and lead trainings on planning, activity management / execution, reporting and problem-solving, in collaboration with the Manager.
- Support completion of high-quality presentations and/or written documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field with minimum GPA of 3.0 and above.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Project Management, Strategy, Business Analysis, Business Development, Management Consulting, Project Design or other relevant fields.
- Knowledge of agriculture is a plus, but not mandatory for applicants.
- Genuine intellectual curiosity and desire to innovate and bring large-scale change.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong desire and humility to learn.
- Collaborative mindset and a team player.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and confidently in both English and Regional working language.