- Company: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 78 projects in 35 countries and total revenues of approximately $173 million.
ACDI/VOCA Ethiopia would like to invite applicants for Deputy Chief of Party for the Feed Enhancement for Ethiopian Development Project– Phase III (FEED III). Begun in 2013 and to continue through 2020, FEED is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and implemented by ACDI/VOCA. The overall goal of FEED is to increase the incomes of Ethiopian smallholder livestock producers by improving access to, and use of, consistent, affordable, high quality animal feed that can support greater livestock productivity and efficiency. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Deputy Chief of Party – DCoP
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Project: FEED III
Required Number: One
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead the planning, organizing and implementation of FEED III program activities (ToT’s, farmer trainings, experience sharing visits, technical support, etc.) at the national and regional levels in accordance with the approved work plan;
· Ensure that project technical and field activities are implemented in an efficient, cost-effective manner within budget;
· Prepare project plans and reports with support of relevant staff as required by donor, local governments and internal needs;
· Support and supervise regional coordinators and oversee program related field office activities;
· With assistance from the Chief of Party, support and supervise national technical staff and ensure their efforts efficiently and effectively support regional field staff implementation activities;
· Support and collaborate with the M&E staff on development of performance tracking of annual work plans and monitoring of program activities to ensure achievement of targets;
· Support grant staff in identification of grant opportunities, evaluation of applications, monitoring of grant administration, final evaluations and closeouts;
· Maintain close working relationships with key project stakeholders;
· Participate in development of the scope of work for all consulting assignments;
· Assist in the revision of the project budget as requested; prepare monthly budget projections and fund requests; together with accounting staff, ensure timely transfer of funds to field office bank accounts;
· Work with national and regional coordinators on weekly based activity planning and progress updates and timely submission of regional stakeholder reports;
· Facilitate donor, head office and other visits to project sites as needed:
· Provide technical assistance to the project in his/her area of specialization as needed;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to supervise assigned staff and work effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the organization.
· Self-motivated with “hands on” approach to completion of tasks for which s/he and assigned staff are responsible while meeting goals and deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to handle complex, sensitive issues.
· Ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure. Proven ability to successfully manage a team of diverse individuals. Strong mentoring and team building skills.
· Thorough knowledge of donor rules and regulations, and current standards and guidelines.
· Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in English in a clear, concise and well-organized manner.
· Willingness to take direction and to work effectively in diverse settings and with multiple actors.
· Fluency in English and Amharic, written and oral.
· Proficiency with MS Office and common internet software.
· MSc. or higher degree in animal science, veterinary medicine, general agriculture, agricultural extension or related field required;
· Minimum 10 years experience in project management preferred;
· Minimum 5 years experience in coordination and implementation of activities related to agriculture required, animal nutrition, feeding and management preferred;
· Practical experience in livestock, poultry and/or forage production required;
· Knowledge of business management and marketing as it relates to livestock and feed enterprises preferred;
How to Apply
To be considered for the position, interested applicants are advised to send application letter as well as updated CV on or before September 18, 2019 to