The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Economic Security Generalist , based in Jigjiga.
- Develop appropriate targeting criteria and mechanisms to ensure the needs of identified vulnerable groups are met
- Ensure technical guidance of EcoSec activities are implemented on ground
- Ensure timely implementation of EcoSec activities as per plan, such as:
o Distribution of Agricultural inputs
o Livelihood Activities
o Distribution of food aid
o Distribution of EHIs
o Cash based intervention
o MEI activities
o Capacity building of institutions
- Ensure proper steps are being followed in providing assistance to the communities (such as registration, verification, distribution, post-distribution monitoring etc.).
- Ensure monitoring of technical projects like seed multiplication, irrigation etc.
- Collects field and other relevant data using data-collection tools and devices under the guidance of Ecosec Delegate
- Analize the collected data to produce technical report
- Maintains and updates databases on regular basis
- Provides verbal and written reports after every field visits
- Provides administrative support to the department
Scope & Impact
- Geographical remit: Jijijga sub-delegation and East Hararghe Region.
- Internally, interacts mainly with colleagues at the local level.
- Externally, interacts with local contacts (members of the population, community leaders, local authorities, NGOs, etc.) upon request from their direct supervisor.
Certifications / Education required
- Relevant qualification background – Degree in Agriculture/Rural development or relevant field
- Basic command (spoken and written) of English; knowledge of the local language(s); Somali and Afan Oromo.
Professional Experience required
- At least 3-year of relevant experience in an National or international NGO or similar organization.
- Good understanding of the sustainable livelihoods approach and related issues
- Ability to analyse complex development / humanitarian contexts, monitor change and translate into appropriate strategic planning
- Willing to work in isolated rural areas with basic living conditions, and work in difficult field conditionsGood interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines in changing situations
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Sub Delegation in Jijiga OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date for application: September 15, 2020
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.