|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
|Job Title||:||Enterprise and Business Development Service Office|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, February 7, 2020|
|Application Deadline||:||Tuesday, February 11, 2020|
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Position: Enterprise and Business Development Service Officer I
• Prepares training guides, manuals/materials on entrepreneurship, business development and management applicable to target group youth and value chain actors;
• Facilitates/Provides technical support and training to targeted youth and women and value chain actors in developing business ideas and in preparing a practical business plan;
• Develops innovative and digital business development support models and strategies for the project;
• Supports and follows up youth and enterprises to get hands-on assistance, in business management, record keeping, marketing, etc.;
• Actively collects and shares information on emerging business opportunities to potential enterprises and financers, as appropriate;
• Monitors the capacity and knowledge gap among youth and women affecting the competitiveness of targeted enterprises, cooperatives, individual entrepreneurs and propose corrective measures;
• Supports development of professional networks among and between youth and value chain actors;
• Leases with relevant research and training institutions, identifies and disseminates information of innovations, applicable technologies, and approaches to program team;
• Supports regional and woreda level field staff and focal persons in coordinating the implementation of the work plan and reporting;
• Undertakes a capacity assessment of youth and SMEs before and after each training session.
• Collaborates and participates in different platforms and enhance synergy between the project objective and other programs in the regions;
• Provides expert advice to key partners in developing innovative business services, new business partnerships, and market-oriented information systems;
• Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
– Duty Station: Addis Ababa, with a frequent field travels to regions
– Grade: HG 13
– Minimum Base salary: Birr 35,492 per month (Negotiable depending on the salary history of the candidate)
– Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. icipe offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with a competitive salary and excellent benefits in line with ILRI salary applicable for its Nationally Recruited Staff. icipe is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence.
The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus with dining and sports facilities that are located on-site.
How to Apply:
• Applicants should provide a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae including names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees and a letter providing a point by point response to the essential and desirable person specifications. The position and reference number: EBDSO/03/20 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 11 February 2020.
• To find out more about icipe, visit our Website at http://www.icipe.org
• To find out more about ILRI visit our website at https://www.ilri.org
• Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Master’s Degree in Agribusiness, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Investment Finance or Marketing, or other relevant disciplines.
• Broad / specialized knowledge of methods, techniques, and processes
• Minimum of three years’ experience demonstrating success in business consulting, business development services, enterprise development or training and capacity building in entrepreneurship and business management.
• Knowledge of Ethiopian business laws, market standards, and/or product development
• Excellent oral and written communication in English including report writing
• Deep understanding of Ethiopia’s economic and business environment, particularly at the MSME level
• Agricultural Markets and/or Value Chain development
• Development of Business Services, finance, and financial services
• Private sector experience, particularly entrepreneurship
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications, specifically Excel and Word and Access
• Results-oriented and sound decision making
• Demonstrating accountability and commitment
• Ability to communicate effectively and work within a team
• Ability to gathering information, assist with research
• Build relationships and ability to bring people together
• Managing and improving team performance
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 35492.00|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 35492.00|