The Apostolic Vicariate of Jimma Bonga is one of the 13 Autonomous Dioceses of the Ethiopian Catholic Church operating to the South western part of Ethiopia. The Vicariate operates at Jimma zone of Oromiya region and Kaffa, Sheka and Bench Maji zones of SNNPR.
Ethiopian Catholic Church Social and Development Commission Branch Office of Jimma Bonga (ECC SDCBOJB) is an ecclesiastical organization which operates under the umbrella of the Ethiopian Catholic Church which endeavors to implement the mission of the Catholic Church in Ethiopia.
ECC- SDCBOJB head office is based in Jimma town and it has branch office in Bonga town. The duties and responsibilities of the office are basically to facilitate, represent and delegate the existing programs and projects in the Vicariate’s operation area. It provides support and technical assistance to the different projects in the form of implementation, supervision, program design, monitoring and evaluation.
To strengthen our highly committed and passionate team, we are looking for an “Executive Development Coordinator” – (Full time)
- Able to write projects to enhance organizational capacity (financial and Human) and solicit support (funds), build image and credibility and broaden resource basis of ECC –SDCBO of Jimma Bonga
- Establish contacts and harmonized relations and networking with local and international funding agencies, NGOs, government offices etc.
- Direct, coordinate, supervise and controls the development programs, projects and administrative and financial rules and regulations of the organization.
- Ensure that adequate resource is available for the implementation for ECC –SDCBO of Jimma Bonga programs, facilitate enabling environment for all functional organ of ECC –SDCBO of Jimma Bonga to plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control their duties and regularly report to the Director
- Ensure the realization of team spirit, participatory decision-making processes, transparent management, gender activity, cost effectiveness, staff motivation and the spirit of dedication at all level.
- Organize meetings, seminars, and workshops that are meant for promotion of organizational human resource developments.
- Ensures proper implementation of policies, regulations, rules and guidelines regarding development activities of the secretariat.
- Ensure the government policy and directives regarding NGOs operation in Ethiopia are adhered to in project preparation, implementation, reporting, etc.
- Provide guidance and coordinates the formulation of overall organizational policies, strategies and guidelines as well as short, medium- and long-term objectives of ECC –SDCBO of Jimma Bonga
- Represents the organization in internal and or domestic dealings, and before public or private administrative and financial institutions, i.e. be the chief executive officer and legal representative of ECC –SDCBO of Jimma Bonga.
- Perform other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor/diocesan director.
What we offer as an employer:
We are offering an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through a young and dynamic organization with a strong profile, track record and space for exploring new directions, testing new ideas and allowing you to excel as an individual and with your team. We are a professional team that strives towards continuous development. All employees carry responsibility for their fields of action and for reaching the defined targets. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas also outside of your focus areas. We believe that learning from mistakes is an important way of developing.
The location of employment is Jimma town; with frequent travel to project areas and duration of employment contract will be for one year with the possibilities of renewal depending on your performance.
- 12 years with minimum of 5 years in a leadership position
Term of employment: –
- For one year with the possibilities of renewal
- MSc degree in Rural Development, Agriculture, Development Management, development studies or any other Development related fields with work experience of at least 12 years of which minimum of 5 years in a leadership position,
- Project cycle management and program development are among the key skills you should acquire,
- Proficiency in English language,
- Computer soft ware such as Excel, Microsoft word, etc application is mandatory,
- NGO experience is an added value.
How to Apply
We are looking forward to receiving your application no later than August 31 st 2019 by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org please, only send your complete CV along with your application letter with indication of your salary expectations and also let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself a suitable candidate for the position.