People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Finance Unit Coordinator
Length of Contract: Indefinite employment contract
Required Number: One (1)
Salary: as per the salary scale of organization
Duties and Responsibilities of Finance Unit Coordinator:
- Administrative and financial support of PIN projects or parts of projects
- Facilitation and Support for audits - project & statutory audits;
- Ensure that recommendations for improvements from internal /external audits are implemented in a timely manner;
- Financial trainings and advice for project, finance and other support departments
- Compliance with PIN/donors regulation
- Supervising and managing of mission running costs calculation
- Preparation of new proposals (budgets) and participating on project writing
- Managing / Supervising of donor report preparation
- Managing / Supervising of project reports preparation for local governments
- Supervision of Finance unit
- Support and oversight of the all Finance staff
- Recruitment and training, couching of all Finance staff on need
- Supervision of adherence to the Ethiopian laws and regulations
- Management of financial team (approval of annual leaves, checking the working hours of financial team, evaluation of employees, suggestion of bonuses, updating contracts, submitting data for payroll for his/her team on time).
- Any other related tasks as required
- Other assignments corresponding to actual needs of the project, program or mission up on the request of line manager/CMT member.
- Working closely with Program Managers on project financial management and other related financial issues, capacity building of the Program teams in project financial management;
- Provide guidance and support to all Finance Unit, sets up effective internal coordination among all members and effective communication within unit as well as with the other departments of the country program.
- Minimum MA/MSc Degree in Finance, Accounting and other related fields of studies
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Finance (Accounting)
- Experience in auditing and government and donor requirements in finance
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) especially Excel (will be tested during the interview)
- Fluency in English and Amharic, both written and spoken.
- Experiences with NGO sector mandatory
- Good at team management
- Strong interpersonal, reporting writing and communication skills
- Experiences with some accounting software.
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked/contacted)
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send CV and the necessary documents until July 11 ,2021 via following the link: APPLY-Finance Unit Coordinator
Should any information needed please contact using: [email protected]
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies
Women and internal Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.