SUN Chips, the iconic Ethiopian Chips brand, is looking for a Food Safety & Quality system Coordinator/Supervisor
SUN Chips, produced by Senselet Food Processing PLC, has a leading market position in Ethiopia. We produce potato chips, carefully selected out of the best Ethiopian potatoes and processed in our brand-new factory outside Addis Ababa with the latest technology from Holland.
SUN Chips is now looking for an hands-on, energetics and eager-to-learn Food Safety & Quality system Coordinator/Supervisor with a yes we can mentality who wants to be part of a growing company, who takes ownership of her/his responsibilities and who likes to go the extra mile to achieve your and company targets. Are you willing to take up the challenge to grow our amazing brand and do you want to join an energetic and dynamic team? Then we are looking for you!
Main purpose of the job:
Controls the food safety activities of the plant; plans and executes the quality control and food safety programs of the department. follow up and control food safety management systems implemented in the plant are maintained. Carries out the performance evaluation of subordinates
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Making sure that Safety rules and regulations are respected while performing duties
- Controls the quality of the product in the plant is based on the five categories of food safety control principles.
- Controls the food safety activities followed meet the standards and procedures set by the Senselet/PepsiCo international.
- Supervisees the quality control and food safety activities of subordinates assigned in various area of the plant.
- Responsible for ensuring overall Food safety of raw material and product according to national and international parameters
- Working closely with the factory agronomist to ensure Food safety
- ·Follow up and maintain cleaning and sanitation programs, develop and review cleaning schedules, and implement these along with section supervisors.
- Manage and maintain an effective pest control system.
- Coordinate FSSC system development, implementation and follow up
- Supervises the over whole food safety activities of the plant
- Prepare SOP’s, Procedures, programs and other food safety documents and follow up their implementation
- Initiate internal audits according to the scheduled program to ensure compliance with AIB, HACCP, FSSC and follow-up on correction action plan/deviations.
- Follow up and control food safety management systems implemented in the plant are maintained
- Carries out the performance evaluation of subordinated
- Design and prepare additional formats and procedures for quality assurance and food safety activities to be approved by Concerned bodies
- Discusses arising quality problems with concerned supervisors and suggests remedial action.
- Initiate and follow up internal external trainings
- Act as quality control and food safety department manager in the absence of the manger
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- Minimum B.SC. Degree in Food science, Food Engineering, Food science and Nutrition, Applied Chemistry and another related field.
- Having B.Sc. in Hygiene and sanitation is a plus
- Must have 5 years of Experience in FMCG and 3 years in supervisory level
- Demonstrated knowledge on FSMS, HACCP, FSSC 22000
- Energetic, self-starter, organized and ability to work under pressure.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others at all levels.
- Ability in the application of computer packages
How to Apply