- Company: Frankfurt Zoological Society
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Each will be based in one of the Bale Ecoregion woredas for a period of up to five years with 90 days probation period .
The NRM experts will work closely with the relevant woreda bureaus working side by side with government experts to implement the BER framework across identified woredas The main responsibility of the position holder is to coordinate planning and execution of NRM through participatory forest and participatory rangeland management options. The position holder will also work closely with other experts in crop, livestock and marketing to ensure coordination and synergies of activities are correctly implemented. He/she will be specifically responsible in planning, execution of capacity building trainings, work with community members, organize forest and rangeland cooperatives, and provide technical support to government counterparts.
He/she will ensure that communities are actively engaged in improved natural resource management options. Together with the project coordinator, he/she will ensure good partnership with government stakeholders, community members, CBOs, consortium partners, CSOs, the private sector and other relevant partners in the operational areas of the SHARE II project
Key Job Requirements:
- BSc in Rural Development, Natural Resources management, Rural Livelihoods and other related fields.
- Knowledge of Forestry policy in Ethiopia
- Knowledge of gender and social inclusiveness
- Four years’ work experience in rural development or similar organizations. Previous NGO work experience in agricultural (crop & livestock development) is desirable.
- Experience in the area of natural resources management, small business group development, agro-forestry and good knowledge of gender and social inclusiveness and organizational capacity building of community-based institutions
- Experience of project planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience working in the area of value chain and economic strengthening of rural community
- Skills & Abilities
- Good English language skills (written and spoken). Knowledge of local language is advantageous
- Computer literacy, excellent record keeping and report writing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good team building skills and the ability to work in a multi partner approach
- Budget and financial management, training need assessment and training facilitation
- Willingness to reside in rural/marginal areas, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the goals and values of FZS
- Good community level facilitation and coordination skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV to the following address: Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) P.O. Box 100003 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or
email@example.com or submit it in person to FZS offices in Addis Ababa, Dinsho or Bale-Robe .
The cover letter will be used to judge the quality of your application and should answer the following questions:
What led you to apply for this position?
What is the most important technical ability you would bring to the role?
What is the most important technical ability that you would need to develop to successfully fulfil this role?
What is your most important personal characteristic that would help you succeed in this role?
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Application deadline will be ten days from the first day of announcement.