ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position : Front Desk Assistant
Term of Employment : One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station(s) : Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits : Competitive
Application Deadline : February 07, 2021
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
Under the supervision of the Administration Manager, the Front Desk Assistant will be responsible to the reception of ATA visitors and incoming and outgoing correspondences at the front desk, and handle PBX telephone operation in an efficient and professional manner. Carry out other administrative works as required.
- Ensure an attractive, pleasant and neat front desk area is maintained at all times.
- Receives and assists visitors of the office courteously, answers queries and provides information while being as prudent as possible.
- Assists visitors to leave message in the absence of the staff member to be visited and ensures the message is transferred on time, regularly organize notice boards at the reception area.
- Regularly organize notice boards at the reception area.
Telephone and Fax communication
- Receives all incoming telephone calls, receives/sends fax messages, forward messages/documents to concerned staff on time.
- Makes official phone calls on behalf of staff members, especially senior management staff.
- Maintains external telephone directory for ATA’s main stakeholders.
- Regularly updates and maintains internal telephone contact list and share to internal users as updated.
- Immediately report any fault to Information Technology team and Telecommunication Company.
- Arranges appointments for staff and remind the approaching appointments to the concerned.
- Assists the HR team in scheduling interviews for internal and external candidates.
- Assists in arranging flight booking and hotel accommodation for staff and ATA guests as requested.
- Assists in photo copying and binding of documents with at most attention to confidentiality.
- Assists in organizing seminars/workshops, arrangement of necessary stationary materials and confirmation of participants list.
- Initiates purchase request and placement of all necessary office refreshment items at all duty hours.
- Maintains document confidentiality while receiving/issuing incoming/outgoing ATA letters.
- Follows ATA procedures to ensure the organization seal is properly used to authenticate outgoing correspondences from ATA.
- Provide secretarial services to program and administrative staff when required.
- Diploma or University degree in Management, Secretarial Science, Office Management, or other related fields.
- At least 2 years (for degree holders) or 4 years (for Diploma holders) relevant experience on Front Desk/ Receptionist activities.
- Skills in e-mail communication, internal outlook, and internet browsing.
- Fluency in English and Amharic languages.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Skill in application of Microsoft Word and Excel is essential.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactive, energetic, and team player personality.
How to Apply
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.