Intern- Communication and Digital Assistance in Africa
GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #076/2021
GIZ Country Office
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
The GIZ Office in Addis Ababa oversees projects in Ethiopia and Djibouti where GIZ works on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the German Federal Ministry of Nutrition and Agriculture (BMEL) and other commissioning parties.
The finance department of GIZ Country office Addis Ababa ensures that all financial transactions for are executed and reported timely, correctly, and according to GIZ’s rules and regulations. It is also responsible for insuring smooth fund flow from the GIZ country office to programs and projects. The department oversees handling the opening, closing and signatory adjustment of bank accounts. It also liaises with HQ and recipients of financial agreements concluded in Germany in terms of effecting installment payments, follow-up settlements and report to headquarter.
NELGA is a partnership of leading African Universities and Research Institutions with proven leadership in education, training and research on land governance. Currently NELGA has more than 50 partner institutions across Africa.Contract duration: 3 months
- Assist in drafting content and managing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube).
- Update NELGA subscription mailing list
- Assist in content collation for newsletter
- Keep up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly
- Identify leaders and influencers (internal/external) for online engagement
- Assist with website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed
- Translations from English to French (and German) and vice versa (through online tools)
- A university degree in an appropriate field
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (French is an asset)
- Be based in Addis Ababa
- Six months experience
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to identify window of opportunity for social media engagement and brand amplification
- Excellent phone photography and video editing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools (e.g. HootSuite, Google Analytics)
- Knowledge of graphic design (Adobe/Canva) is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of digital marketing applications is a plus
- Well-developed interpersonal and team working skills; ability to operate effectively in teams; initiative, persistence and positive attitude.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multicultural environments management skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email : [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘ Communications intern #076/2021’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”