People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN would like to invite energetic, disciplined, responsible Female Intern applicant for emergency project.
Length of internship: for 6 months
Intern(Emergency Administrative Support)
The Emergency Admin Intern will be responsible to provide administrative support to PIN Ethiopia’s Emergency Programs which aim to reach communities in acute humanitarian need including those impacted by conflict and displacement, floods, the impacts of COVID-19, etc. through provision of emergency shelter support, water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) assistance, and others. S/he will assist the Head of Emergencies and other senior emergency staff (both national and international) with administrative duties to support quality program implementation. This position requires someone highly motivated; an ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to multitask; and strong organizational and time management skills. This position is looking for someone motivated to learn new skills quickly and has the potential for growth to take on increasing responsibility in the future. PIN Ethiopia’s Intern positions are open to women applicants only . This position is directly supervised by the Head of Emergencies.
- Draft basic administrative and program documents (letters, memos, notes, etc.) utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Scan, copy, and file (hard copy and electronically) necessary documents following PIN’s archiving procedures.
- Provide basic translations of documents
- Liaise with the logistics department in scheduling necessary travel and accommodations for domestic and international trips.
- Liaise with the HR department on following and tracking positions for recruitments, etc.
- Support the Head of Emergencies in implementing key PIN policies and updating teams on any changes.
- Support with scheduling and arrangements (booking rooms, preparing refreshments, etc.) for meetings, trainings, etc.
- Take notes at all key meetings and follow-up on action points as requested by the Head of Emergencies.
- Maintain an Emergency Team calendar with key events, meetings, deadlines, etc. and sending reminders as required.
- Monitor administrative supplies, prepare purchase requests for small scale administrative purchases, and track basic administrative budgets as requested by the Head of Emergencies and in coordination with the logistics and finance teams.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Head of Emergency
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Business Management and other related fields of study from a recognized higher education institution.
- Highly Motivated, able and willing to learn new tasks/skills quickly
- Ability to work in fast and demanding environment
- only zero years of work experience required.
- Organizational skill and ability to prioritize and multi tasking
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: APPLY-Intern(for Emergency Project) until August 22,2021.
Should any information needed please contact using: [email protected]
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies )
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.