Farm Africa is an international NGO founded in 1985, with a vision to ensure a prosperous rural Africa. It is a specialist development NGO working with smallholder farmers and forest communities, local governments and the private sector in Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. The organization is an expert in the fields of agronomy, livestock, natural resources management and market engagement. With community engagement underpinning our approach, we design and implement sustainable solutions to rural poverty based on evidence and best practices.
Farm Africa currently wants to invite eligible bidders to conduct an assessment of soil, vegetation, coffee biodiversity, socio economics conditions of the forest in Delomena and Harena Buluk, and characterize the coffee and produce atlas that show characteristics of different coffee varieties with associated environmental and socio-economic conditions found in the forest.
This call is intended to undertake study in using data collected by the project (environmental factors that affect coffee characteristics) and investigate the relationships among environmental variables and coffee characteristics; develop coffee atlas along with appropriate maps.
Interested bidders should collect the TOR from our office or request via [email protected] or directly collect from Farm Africa Ethiopia office between Dec 06 – 15, 2021 .
1. Bidders shall submit all the legal documents (renewed Trade License, Registration, TIN, VAT certificates)
2. Educational back ground in forestry, Plant Science, Natural resource management, biodiversity and environmental science
3. Experience in handling similar responsibilities and experience working in coffee forests.
4. Knowledge in coffee development and managements (Coffee agronomy), especially practical experience working with local community in coffee forest areas.
5. Strong conceptual understanding of sustainable timber harvest from community based natural forest management area
6. More than 10 years of practical knowledge or experience of PFM and forest inventory
7. Strong conceptual understanding of PFM.
8. Knowledge of the area is advantages.
9. The lead consultant should hold a master’s degree or above in Forestry, other relevant disciplines.
10. Bidders shall clearly state their unit price and total including VAT in ETB
How to Apply
Interested bidders should submit their Technical and Financial proposals in two separate files duly marked as “ Technical ” and “ Financial ” proposals. The document must be delivered to the email [email protected] on or before 16 Dec 2021, 11:00 AM . Late bids will be rejected.
Should you have any clarification query, please forward to [email protected] . Farm Africa address: Farm Africa Ethiopia Office Ethio Ceramic Bldg. 5th floor, Gurd shola, Tel. 011 557 3325, Fax- 011 557 3332 .
Bids will be opened by Farm Africa procurement committee. Qualified consultants will be considered based on their responsiveness to the requirements listed above, technical, and financial evaluation results. Finally, the winner will be notified through the firm’s address.
Farm Africa Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject all or parts of the bids at any time without assigning any reason or reasons whatsoever.