Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #032/2020
GIZ- STEP Programme
As German organization for international development cooperation with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes in more than 80 partner countries.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors.
The Second Ethiopian Growth and transformation Plan (GTP II) assigns a key role to the education sector for accelerating economic growth, achieving developmental goals and becoming a middle-income country by 2025. The Ethio-German Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP), co-financed by the European Union and the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD), improves the employment prospects of young Ethiopians by promoting quality and relevance in vocational training and higher education. The programme establishes strong linkages between the education and the private sector to support the development of a modern education system geared towards employment and economic growth.
The programme supports the agro-industrial development of the country through the development of long- and short-term trainings in the agro-processing parks and the establishment of agro industry incubator units. Currently GIZ-STEP would like to recruit a qualified Junior Programme Officer as per the details below:
Junior Programme Officer
Place of Work : Addis Ababa
February 24, 2020
Contract duration: March 15, 2020- June 30, 2021
The officer will be the focal point for monitoring and evaluation, as well as knowledge management for the component, therefore the responsibilities will be:
- Monitoring of activities of the component
- Follow up with product owners on progress
- Quality control for regional activities (including editing of reports)
- Knowledge management of the component
- Assuring implementation of gender mainstreaming
- Assuring implementation of communication and visibility strategy and guidelines
- Administrative backstopping of all activities
- Supporting the component manager on concept development
- Supporting the component manager on management (M&E, report writing, coordination, etc)
Any other task delegated by component manager
Required qualifications, competences and experience
BA Degree in an area related to the activities described (e.g. Development Economics, Agro-engineering, Project Management, International Relations, MIS or related fields of studies).
- Fresh graduate with relevant internship experience
Previous experience of working with GIZ is an additional asset.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English skills: written and oral (report writing skills in particular)
- Excellent Amharic skills: written and oral
- A thorough understanding of the Ethiopian education system and its current priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage several complex and competing tasks under tight deadlines
- Excellent skills in quality management
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, MS Teams, ability to find information in GIZ system)
- Recommendation letter from superior
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘ Junior Programme Officer #032/2020’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.