Function : GSC Leaf Supply
Supervisor Position : Leaf Production Manager
Under general supervision ,plan, co-ordinate and control all activities related to the green tobacco leaf handling, tying ,racking, curing, grading, baling and handling of tobacco leaves during storage; ensure availability of the necessary materials, equipment's and manpower before through onset of each production season.
Main Areas of Responsibility :
- Plans, coordinates and controls the leaf processing activities of the assigned farm; prepares work schedule before the start of the production season; controls leaf processing costs.
- Ensures that the required materials /fire wood & fuel /, machinery and manpower are adequately prepared and made available; ensures that all machinery, equipment and materials are properly handled and effectively and economically used and also follows -up the timely maintenance of all production machineries and curing barns before the onset of the production season.
- Makes the necessary arrangement and gives most attention to avoid or minimize loss at all levels of the production process and ensures all internationally accepted norms and standards of green leaf handling, tying, curing, grading, baling and storage mechanisms are applied through out the production process to achieve better result and deliver quality product that can meet the quality plan at the end;
- works closely with relevant departments like the leaf production and co-ordinates and creates balance between capacity of curing barns and that of green leaf produced or purchased;
- Ensures that established working practices, all EHS procedures and regulations are complied with on the farm's all leaf processing areas and section works. Gives most attention to ensures work place hygiene, sanitation and NTRM free leaf process and NTRM free cured leaf product.
- Provides support , guidance and evaluates the performances of subordinates and performs & reports all trials that are related with curing.
- Performs other related tasks when required.
- BSC or College Diploma in plant science or Production Technology
- 4 or 8 years of work experience in Agricultural processing respectively
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter, Curriculum vitae only through email address [email protected] and the application should be before the application deadline.
Application email subject shall state the position title and the attached files or documents shall be only in a zipped folder format.
Failure to comply with the guideline may lead to immediate rejection