Under general supervision ,plans, co-ordinates and controls all activities related to the green tobacco leaf handling, tying, racking, curing, grading, baling and handling of tobacco leaves during storage; ensure availability of the necessary materials, equipment's and manpower before the onset of each production season.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Plans, coordinates and controls the leaf processing activities of the assigned LOC; prepares work schedule before the start of the production season; controls leaf processing costs & ensures assignment & wage payment of daily MP as per the labor usage norm .
- Ensures that the required materials /fire wood & fuel /, machinery and manpower are adequately prepared and made available; ensures that all machinery, equipment and materials are properly handled and effectively and economically used and also follows -up the timely maintenance of all production machineries and curing barns before the onset of the production season.
- Makes the necessary arrangement and gives most attention to avoid or minimize loss at all levels of the production process, Ensures nice curing by daily ensuring proper curing setting on all curing barns and ensures implementation of all JTI new way of wet leaf handling/off the ground & direct loading/, tying, curing, conveyor grading, baling and storage mechanisms are applied through out the production process to achieve better result and deliver quality product that can meet the quality plan at the end;
- works closely with other departments like the leaf production and co-ordinates and creates balance between capacity of curing barns and that of wet leaf purchased;
- Ensures that established working practices, all EHS procedures and regulations are complied with on the farms all leaf processing areas and section works. Gives most attention to ensures work place hygiene, sanitation and NTRM free leaf process and NTRM free cured leaf product.
- Provides support , guidance and evaluates the performances of subordinates and performs & reports all trials that are related with curing.
- Manage various tasks & projects as they arise and upon Manager’s request.
- BSC or College Diploma in plant science or Production Technology
- 4 or 8 years of work experience in Agricultural processing respectively
- Fluent in English (oral & written),MS Office confident user, knowledge of Collective Labor Agreement, Internal Regulations and Safety Policy of the company
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter, Curriculum vitae only through email address [email protected] and the application should be before the application deadline.
Application email subject shall state the position title Failure to comply with the guideline may lead to immediate rejection.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.