Job Summary and Key Responsibilities
- Prepare annual plan, budget break down and procurement plan for respective woredas, working closely with respective sector offices. Ensure the implementation of the Agriculture, livelihoods component of the programme against annual work-plan, targets, time-plans and result indicators.
- Facilitate implementation of planned activities and monitor together with partners, community and stakeholders at different level. Ensure all plan of Agriculture, livelihoods and income generating activities delivered as plan, time schedule and budget allocated.
- Regular visit target households monitor activities, communities, groups and provide technical support on agriculture, livelihoods and livestock income generating activities. Ensure that projects are designed with agricultural technology package aimed at creating self-sufficiency, as well as enhancing the food security status of farmers’ households/local communities
- Carryout households economic analysis used as baseline data, select target community, beneficiaries selection together with partners, community representative and stakeholders at all level. Distribute agricultural input for target beneficiaries.
- Develop partnership with different partners, stakeholders, community, institutions and faith based organization (FBO).networking with partners and stakeholders at woreda level to ensure execution of planned activities as planned.
- Participate or lead community engagement through FGDs, informant interview, and other appropriate PRA tools during assessment, planning, monitoring and evaluation process. Participate or lead survey and assessment at grass root level.
- Identify the households’ livelihoods gaps, problems, opportunities potential and initiate concept notes on identified problems. In coordination with government and other stakeholders, ensure livelihood/food security and livelihood development activities are well planned, coordinated and monitored
- Identify income generating activities in rural and urban context propose feasible income generating activities, implement and monitor. Provide alternative livelihood opportunities for vulnerable groups.
- Ensure appropriate document best practices, success stories are prepared, learning about project impact communicated to concerned bodies.
- Regularly collect and update information on potentials ideas and practical interventions with regard of agriculture, livelihoods and income generating activities.
- Play proactive role in project review monitoring and evaluation process and capture and share lesson learned and best practices on regular basis.
- In discussion with program manager represent SP in coordination forums, meetings, relevant to agriculture, livelihoods and income generating activities.
- Ensure appropriate integration of WASH, gender, PWD and vulnerable groups are addressed through project interventions.
- Produce and submit project progress report like weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual, annual ChSA, BoFED and others as demanded submitted to program manager. Provide important data or updates on indicators used for updating workbooks and SPRS.
- Closely work with field mobilizers and distribution assistant at woreda level, and provide technical and capacity buildings. Monitor field-based implementation of programme activities, including providing guidance to area-based staff on field implementation and monitoring;
- Network and collaboration with partners and stakeholders at woreda government and community level together with sector office.
- Establish or organize community self-help groups, associations and cooperatives togher with concerned government office and follow up the legalization process. Organize and manage workshops, training, group discussions, and other participatory assessments to ensure ownership and decision making in planning and implementing specific livelihood programme activities
- Monitor and provide technical support for households to be engaged in income generating activities at respective woredas. Conduct periodic monitoring and evaluation of project activities with collaboration of project team.
Education / Experience Needed
- BA/BSC and above in Agriculture, agro-economics, rural development, livelihoods and related field
- 3 years experiences in community development, rural development, livelihood and income generating activities in NGOs.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ. One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of speaking, writing, and understanding English language.
- Ability to work independently in rural context and manage a large workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point.
- Ability and willingness to pay frequent filed visits to KAs.
- Cultural sensitive, willing to work and leave under demanding and harsh environment
- Training in agriculture, livelihood and income generating activities
- Self-development, and initiative-taking;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member
- Ability to work as part of a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary and inter-agency team.
- Ability to travel and to work independently and in harsh environments.
- Highly organized, pro-active decision-making ability wit proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of donor requirements
- Proven understanding of financial reports and budgeting preferred.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
How to ApplyInterested applicants can send only updated CV and application letter to [email protected] no later than February 3, 2021. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ''Livelihood And Income Generating Activities Officer ''