All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the Livelihoods and Food Security CC Coordinator position is to manage, coordinate and implement the livelihoods intervention in Addis Ababa. The Livelihoods Coordinator will also responsible to manage project officers and project Assistants who will be recruited for the Addis Ababa area office.
- Line management of Livelihoods project staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to CC strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of CC projects (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to Area Manager
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- In close collaboration with the Area Manager and with technical support of the Food Security and Livelihoods Technical Specialist, expand, develop, manage and implement the NRC’s Livelihoods projects in Addis Ababa according to strategy, proposals and plans.
- Manage and monitor project finance and budget; maintain strong control on budgets ensuring spending within available resources and in compliance with donor and NRC grant management guidelines
- Develop proposals for maintenance and expansion of FSL projects. This includes taking lead and participates in actual FSL and YEP design, inception and implementation.
- Contribute to the quality assurance, direction and consistency of the resource letter.
- In close collaboration with M&E coordinator, ensures that lessons learnt and success stories from the programme are effectively documented and shared.
- Liaise with authorities and stake holders to ensure effective coordination, implementation, and monitoring of FSL programme.
- Represent NRC FSL in cluster and other livelihoods related meetings in Addis Ababa and
- Ensure that detailed annual work plans and budget for all food security and livelihoods (incl. YEP activities) are prepared in a coordinated and timely manner.
Generic Professional competencies
- Minimum of B.Sc./BA /MA/MSc degree in agribusiness, business, business management, Economics, management, Technical and vocational training, entrepreneurship, marketing, livelihoods, Law, or other related field
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experiences in areas of refugee livelihood, resilience building &/ building coping mechanisms and related jobs with humanitarian /development NGO’s.
- Experience from working as a Livelihoods coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience in business start-up management and development.
- Experience on cash based livelihood intervention.
- Experience and good understanding on urban agriculture.
- Experience and wide understanding on urban livelihood design and implementation.
- Good understanding on urban refugee context.
- Innovative approach to youth skills development through use of ICT and modern technology
- Understanding of various donors’ requirement.
- Ability to work under pressure and in harsh environment.
- Understanding Ethiopian Livelihoods policies including alternative basic education for out of school children.
- Ability to work independently whenever required.
· Handling insecure environments
· Managing resources to optimize results
· Empowering and building trust
· Managing performance and development
· Planning and delivering results
· Leading, organizing and building capacity of CC staff