- Company: Frankfurt Zoological Society
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS), founded in 1858, is an international conservation organization based in Germany. In Ethiopia, FZS focusses on the Bale Mountains, supporting the Ethiopian Government and local communities in conserving Africa’s largest tract of Afroalpine habitat and the equally important Harenna forest through the development of conservation-compatible livelihoods.
FZS is part of a consortium led by Farm Africa and including, SOS Sahel-Ethiopia, PHE-EC and IWMI, which has secured funding from the EU to implement an integrated multi-sector landscape management programme in Bale Eco-Region in Oromia National Regional State of Ethiopia (the SHARE II project)
FZS is seeking to recruit:
Each will be based in one of the Bale Ecoregion woredas for a period of up to five years subject to a probation period .
The M&C Experts will work closely with the relevant woreda bureaus working side by side with government experts to implement the BER framework across identified woredas. The overall responsibility of the position holder is to coordinate planning and execution of marketing related activities of the project – working closely with the agriculture/livestock and NRM experts. He/she will be specifically responsible in planning, execution of capacity building training, facilitate market linkages, organize farmer groups, support co-operatives with technical advice, and provide technical support to government counterparts.
He/she ensures that communities are engaged in improved high value crop and livestock production, processing and marketing. In coordination with the project coordinator, he/she will ensure good partnership with government stakeholders, community members, CBOs, consortium partners, CSOs, private sectors and other relevant partners in the operational areas of the SHARE II project.
Key Job requirements
- BSc in Agriculture, Rural Development, Business Management or Economics
- Knowledge of Agriculture Sector commercial and economic policy
- Knowledge of gender and social inclusiveness
- Four years’ work experience in rural development or similar organizations (previous NGO work experience in rural development and private sector agriculture work is desirable).
- Experience in the areas of business planning & assessment, small business group development, and organizational capacity building of private sector and community based institutions.
- Experience of project planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience working in the area of value chain and economic strengthening of rural community
- Good English language skills (written and spoken) and knowledge of local language is advantageous
- Computer literacy, excellent record keeping and report writing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good team building skills and the ability to work in a multi partner approach
- Budget and financial management, training needs assessment and training facilitation
- Willingness to reside in rural/marginal areas, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the goals and values of FZS
- Good community level facilitation and coordination skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV to the following address: Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) P.O. Box 100003 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or
firstname.lastname@example.org or submit it in person to FZS offices in Addis Ababa, Dinsho or Bale-Robe .
The cover letter will be used to judge the quality of your application and should answer the following questions:
1. What led you to apply for this position?
2. What is the most important technical ability you would bring to the role?
3. What is the most important technical ability that you would need to develop to successfully fulfil this role?
4. What is your most important personal characteristic that would help you succeed in this role?
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Application deadline will be ten days from the first day of announcement .