People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights .
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout the 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance2015 , a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe.
In our 15 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection , Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture , Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The M&E Officer will be responsible to provide guidance and technical support to projects/programs in their planning, monitoring and evaluation processes and in materializing goals and objectives. The M&E Officer will be mostly responsible in supporting project staffs in their utilization of monitoring tools and data management. In addition, he/she will be responsible in the planning of different survey and assessments and also coordination and supervision of data collection. The M&E Officer works under direct supervision of M&E coordinator and with close cooperation with Programs, Finance and Logistic department and other staff working under the organization.
- Facilitating the monitoring, evaluation and research networking to promote good practice and identify ways to strengthen PIN’s planning, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Facilitate periodic monitoring, baseline, midterm and terminal evaluations.
- Ensure that M&E data from projects is collected, cleaned, compiled, analyzed and availed for decisions for both external and internal audiences as required: Identify and respond to information requirements of different stakeholders and make information accessible on timely basis.
- Collaborate with technical program specialists in the country to develop monitoring and evaluation frameworks for specific programmatic/ thematic areas.
- Work closely with the project and program team to improve the quality of monitoring and evaluation and provide technical support as needed
- Minimum BSc/BA degree or equivalent in development Studies, statistics, social science or other related fields of studies with minimum of 2 years of relevant work experiences on the development sector and M and E
- Experience in data collection tool development, coordination and supervision of baseline/end line surveys
- Experience in data encoding, data analysis and report writing.
- Experience in NGO setup is advantageous
- Analytical, team work, negotiation and influencing skills
- Computer friendly (Word, power point, etc.) and also working knowledge of data management systems including analysis software (like Microsoft Excel, SPSS)
- Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked)
How to Apply
Should any information needed please contact using: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.