People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
Length of Contract: Definite (For Until September 30,2021)
Required Number: 1 (one)
Duties and Responsibilities of Procurement Officer
- Distribution of procurement document to the supplier.
- Administrating of purchase requests
- Developing, maintaining and verifying record management systems
- Dealing with enquiries and requests for information from both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring that records are easily accessible when needed for both internal and external Audits, including procurement documents, like tender, quotation, market assessment and derogations and Project related documents (Donation contracts and others).
- Proper documentation & maintenance of procurement related documents.
- Handling procurements related with organization following the projects procurement plan
- Collection of quotation from suppliers
- Prepare procurement contract with vendors and maintain open lines of communications with those vendors
- Facilitate contract approval on ELO
- Compare product deliveries with issued purchase orders and contact vendors when there are discrepancies
- Share the signed contract to logistics and user department for further delivery process
- Managing Suppliers and Items database regularly
- Archive all procurement related documentation
- Prepare evaluation for quotation
- Co-ordinate with purchase officers for evaluations of proforma’s, contract signature and payments to vendors on time.
- Facilitate field procurements
- ensure strong working relationships with our vendors
- Coordinate derogation approval in collaboration with HQ
- Assist Procurement manager on tender preparation
- Handle share point updates
- Participate in different meeting by presenting procurement department
- Do all procurement related works and others assigned by the organization
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Procurement, logistic and supply chain management, Business Management and other related and relevant fields of studies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Procurement
- NGO experience is advantageous
- Planning, coordination and report writing skills
- Good communication, Negotiation and capacity to work under stress
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English
- 3 strong references (only from previous supervisors, will be crosschecked)
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send CV and the necessary documents until November 04, 2020 via following the link: Application Form-Procurement Officer
Should any information needed please contact using: [email protected]
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies
Women and internal Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.