People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights .
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout the 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance2015 , a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe.
In our 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection , Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture , Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programsProject Manager for the specific project called “Participatory Development of Productive Landscapes in Sidama Zone, SNNPR, Ethiopia (August 2017 to December 2020)”
- Makes sure that project is implemented as per the project document, time plan and other relevant documents
- Makes sure that the implemented activities are coordinated with partners
- Follows all internal procedures for project implementation, procurement, etc.
- Reports to relevant program manager
- Supervises and manages the project team
- Collects the data from implementation
- Monitoring the overall development of the situation in affected areas and suggest the way forward
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Natural resource Management, Forestry, Agriculture, and other related fields of study
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in the sector and project management
- experience in Agriculture sector , value chain and livelihood is advantageous
- Experience of managing teams, strong coordination skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and ability to deliver within tight deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English. Fluency in Sidamigna will be an advantage.
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked)
How to Apply
Should any information needed please contact using: email@example.com
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).