Main purpose of the job:
The main purpose of the job is ensuring that quality and safety of the product and raw material is consistently meet.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes safety rules and regulations while performing his/her duties
- Carries out daily physico-chemical tests on process, finished products and determines if the quality is within prescribed standard limits
- Working closely with the factory agronomist, Processing team leader, packaging team leader and other factory employees to ensure quality and safety protocols and limits are meet
- Performs in-house calibration as per the need of the equipment
- Performs quality tests on daily receiving raw material
- Follow up and maintain cleaning and sanitation programs, develop and review cleaning schedules, and implement these along with section supervisors.
- Function as an information source for production facilities and other departments when critical quality and safety issues arise.
- Provide leadership on Good Manufacturing Practices on factory floor and principles of 5S.
- Working closely with operators on the proactive activities that affects food safety and quality
- Support on Replenishment of equipment’s, reagents and chemicals by reporting up to dated status
- Participate in company continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain quality data recordings and the necessary documents
- Perform other related duties as assigned by your supervisory
- Reporting to Quality Assurance Manager
- As soon as possible
- Minimum B.SC. Degree in Food science, Food Engineering, Food science and Nutrition, Applied Chemistry and another related field.
- At least years of Experience preferably in FMCG sector.
Essential Competencies :
- Energetic, self-starter, organized and ability to work under pressure.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others at all levels.
- Ability in the application of computer packages
How to Apply