ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position : Regional Finance Officer
Term of Employment : Short term (Maternity Cover)
Duty Station(s) : Tigray (Mekelle)
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits : Competitive
Application Deadline : April 29, 2019
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transnational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentor-ships necessary to achieve their career goals.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Regional Finance Officer is responsible for registering fees and vouchers and ensuring compliance in alignment with internal policies. He/she will be responsible in following up receivables, Disbursements and ensuring settlement of payment. The Finance Officer will be reporting to the Operations Director.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Register in Agresso ERP fees, receipts, invoices, requisitions, vouchers, expenses, accounts, etc., timely and accurately (Bank Payment Voucher, Petty Cash Payment Voucher, Cash Receipt Voucher & Journal Voucher.
- Review and ensure compliance of vouchers and file documents
- Follow up receivable and ensure settlement of payments
- Prepare petty cash vouchers and cheque & Register in Agresso ERP
- Assist the Senior Officer in ensuring smooth implementation of robust and adequate financial systems and procedures in line with ATA finance policies and good accounting practices;
- Maintain the integrity of ATA Agresso ERP based computerized accounting systems
- Handle Receivables, Bank Reconciliations & Ensure that payment is completed within agreed timescales, and only when authorization is received as per the ATA financial policies.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are fully supported, accurately coded and that they are all captured in Agresso ERP on a daily basis – supporting documentation is properly filed for ease of retrieval
- Implement internal working procedures on cash, creditor and debtor management;
- Ensure petty cash, banks, floats and advances are processed in accordance with ATA policies and reconciled on a monthly basis
- Ensure that internal financial controls relating to Financial Data, Receivables, cash on hand and bank are consistently applied & conduct surprise cash count.
- Deliver complete Regional Branch Office Financial Documents to Head Office Finance as per the agreed timeline.
- Support internal and external audit processes & Assist the Senior Finance Officer in producing timely reports.
- Processes Check Requests processes all accounts payable invoices in a timely manner.
- Review vendor statements for outstanding invoices; research and resolve invoices listed as unpaid.
- Record numerical data to keep financial records complete, ensure appropriate processes & approvals are adhered to, maintain accurate records, both electronic & manual.
- Maintain service & vendor files, perform basic data compilation tasks, perform calculating, posting & verifying duties to maintain accounting records and Check accuracy of figures, calc…
- Processes petty cash reimbursement requests according to policy, ERP registration of Vouchers, Preparing Check & Bank Transfer Letters.
- Maintains staff confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Collects Cash/Cheque/direct bank transfers from staff, suppliers and donors, posts to an excel register and issues cash receipts accordingly
- Check validity of expenses and receipt presented for payment with respect to reasonable, allowable and allocable basis.
- Ensure that all for payments, travel advances, staff claims, journals and purchase/work orders are complete, and legitimate supporting documentation ensuring that all transactions are properly authorized before payments are to be made.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects ATA’s commitment.
- Perform other tasks as instructed by the Regional Operations.
- MA/BA Degree in Accounting, or Accounting & Finance
- Work Experience – Minimum 3 years for MA /5 Years for BA as Disbursement Officer, Accountant or Cashier Accountant.
- Special Training- Computer knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word, particularly Quick Books etc.)
- Prior Knowledge of Automated Accounting system like ERP is an asset.
- Other Requirements knowledge of local laws of the country.
- Willingness in working long hours and ability to work with other teams;
- Commitment to ATA values.
- Knowledge of Local Language is advantageous.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter, (ii) CV ( maximum 5 pages), and (iii) a completed online ATA Application Form at https://apply.ata.gov.et
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.