ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position : Procurement Officer
Term of Employment : One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station(s) : Bahir Dar
Required Number : One
Salary & Benefits : Competitive
Application Deadline : June 17,2021
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience, and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyse agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) , its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated, and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Operations Director, the Procurement Officer is responsible for the management of procurement of goods, services and works required for ATA’s program and operational needs at the regional office in accordance with the policies and procedures of ATA, Government Public Procurement, and other donor requirements.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Support regional office staffs in the preparation of annul procurement needs and assist the senior procurement officer in the consolidation of regional level annual procurement plan for goods, services and works.
- Critically examines and analyses procurement requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information. And, before bidding process commences, ensure requests are clearly specified and evaluation criteria or requirements are set to ensure transparency, fairness, and adherence.
- Prepares procurement documents such as quotations, biding documents, RFPs, bid evaluations and reports, and contract agreements.
- Properly review requisitions and determine appropriate method of sourcing procedures based on the government procurement directives and donor requirements.
- Ensure procurement process are maintained as per the agreed Service level Agreements and it is regularly updated on the ERP.
- Provides assistant to the end-users regarding the preparation of specifications, bill of quantity and TORs for the requires procurements.
- Organize relevant and approved documentations and timely facilitate any payment under procurement transactions.
- With close support by the senior procurement officer and regional operations director, conduct market assessment and develops sources of regional based supplier’s data base & do the revision of the master suppliers’ list.
- Coordinate and resolve problems in collaboration with Federal Procurement team, end users (requesting units) and suppliers.
- Produce and share regular procurement status report to regional end users and Works loosely with stores and inventory controllers in setting reorder levels.
- Ensure a hard copy and soft copy regional procurement documentations are maintained and properly archived for audit and other references use
- Assist in presentation of procurement evaluation report to Procurement Endorsing Committee; and
- Handle any other procurement related activities as requested by the Operations Director and Federal Procurement Manager.
Required qualifications, competencies, skills, training’s, and experience:
- MA or BA Degree in procurement, purchasing and supplies management, Logistics, Accounting, Economics, management, or any relevant field of studies.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience for MA holders or 5 years relevant experience for BA holders and knowledge if Ethiopian Government Procurement directives and other international NGos.
- Experience in collecting, analyzing data and reporting.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship, multitask, prioritize activities and work under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- High integrity, with timely & effective communication skill is essential.
- Flexibility: ability to work under pressure
- Adaptability: working in a multi-cultural environment
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages), at http://apply.ata.gov.et and include “Application for ‘’ Procurement Officer ” in the subject line.
Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted .