- Monitor performance of potato producers through farm visits and inspections (production schedule, diseases, harvest, etc). by generating weekly visit and inspection reports.
- Advise potato producers on agronomical practices, diseases and other
- Quality control and assurance of potatoes before transport to factory and upon arrival at factory
- Training farmers on potato production
- Contribute to execution of smallholder program
- All other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Reporting to: Supply Chain (SC) manager
- Place of work: Frequent travels including office to in Addis Ababa.
- Start date: a.s.a.p.
- Education: relevant degree in agronomy, horticulture or agriculture
- Experience: minimum 3 years of relevant practical work experience for a private organization in an agronomist or production supervisor role in horticulture.
- Technical skills: good in Amharic and English (speaking and writing), analytically strong (problem solving), strong communications skills, good technical skills (ploughing, planting, disease recognition, fertilizers, chemicals, irrigation, harvesting, storage, logistics) in horticulture (e.g. potato, tomato, vegetables).
- Social skills: serious and hard-working, eager to learn, good feedback mentality, result oriented, taking responsibility and accountability, good in building and maintaining relations with farmers and others.
- Entrepreneurial skills: flexible and autonomous working, enthusiastic and willing to travel.
How to Apply
Send your application letter and CV to HR@senseletfoodprocessing.com by August 19, 2019