|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency|
|Job Title||:||Senior Learning Manager|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, July 12, 2019|
|Application Deadline||:||Thursday, July 18, 2019|
Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Position: Senior Learning Manager (Re-advert)
– Term of Employment: One Year with possibility of extension
– Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
– Required Number: One
– Salary & Benefits: Competitive
– Application Deadline: July 18, 2019
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that a learning culture is fostered within the organization and learning is an integral element of programming/project management.
• Prepare organizational learning framework focusing on project and program learning.
• Promote learning in the organization, regularly analyze and produce reports on best practices and case studies; ensure new analysis and information is available.
• Facilitate and lead project and program learning sessions through generating, capturing, storing, sharing and application of learning that supports evidence-based programming.
• Design special research and impact evaluations to generate knowledge on what is working well and what is not
• Design platforms for storing and sharing learning within and outside of ATA, including partners.
• Work with project teams to ensure evaluation recommendations are applied in new project design and/or in the course of implementation.
• Assist/engage reviewing evaluations and baseline reports and work with evaluation teams to facilitate validation workshops.
• Design platforms for storing and communicating evaluation reports and project learning.
• Work with the evaluation and learning team and communications unit in preparing and sharing research/evaluation/policy briefs.
• Facilitate capacity-building activities with ATA staff on learning.
• Work with Evaluation and communications team to produce and communicate learning and evaluation briefs.
• Perform other duties as required and requested by the Evaluations and learning Director.
How to Apply:
• We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
/>• Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply.
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
• Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Development Economics, Agricultural Economics/ Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, or other Learning and Knowledge management related and/or relevant fields.
• At least 8 years on hands on experiences working in learning processes in program and project perspectives.
• Have experiences in baseline studies, evaluation and/or impact evaluation, preferably in the field of agriculture and rural development.
• Specific experience and skills on research design, generating, capturing, storing and application of project and program learning.
• Specific experiences in designing monitoring & evaluation systems based on planning frameworks such as logical framework, results framework, outcome mapping.
• High level of research report, evaluation/research and policy brief writing skills.
• An understanding of Ethiopia’s agricultural system, with a broad perspective on how the entire system operates and how public, private, NGO and informal actors operate within the system.
• Strong analytical skills as well as good knowledge of on-going efforts to transform agriculture in Ethiopia.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, start-up environment, with an emphasis on high performance, teamwork, accountability and results.
• Highly facilitative and collaborative working style.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and data gathering skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
• Fluency in English and Amharic is essential.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|