POSITION: SPIR II Food Assistance Monitoring and Compliance Specialist
OPEN TO Eth iopian Nationals (Female applicants are highly encouraged)
OPENING DATE: 12 Jan. 2022
CLOSING DATE: 22 Jan 2022
Number of Position: One
Work Place: Addis Ababa
Duty station: SPIR II Consortium Office
Strengthen PSNP Institutions and Resilience II (SPIR II) is a 5-year USAID/BHA funded Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) led by World Vision and including consortium partners CARE, ORDA and IFPRI. World Vision and its partners will create a strong, shock responsive ecosystem of public, private, and community level actors to support PSNP households to graduate from poverty and sustain income and food security gains in 17 targeted woredas in Amhara and Oromia regions. Building from key formative and research studies during an initial refinement period, SPIR II will use continuous learning to drive program level reflection, analysis, and adaptation.
Purpose of the position:
Food Assistance Monitoring & Compliance Specialist is responsible for the survey, need assessment, planning, implementation, control and documentation of both monitoring and compliance activities. Will be responsible for the maintenance of detailed monitoring and compliance plan implementation effectiveness, design practicable schedules, maintain data quality and improve food assistance management systems; including procedures, records, implementing partners’ overall capacities, risk analysis, development of risk management plan and ensure its implementations.
This position will maintain and elevate the level of standard food assistance management and delivery in accordance to World Vision food assistance manual, World Vision accountability manual, donor requirements and standard operating procedures including environmental compliance in leading and closely working with Consortium Food Assistance Compliance Coordinator & Monitoring Officers and Partners Compliance / monitoring Officers taking professional lead to ensure and implement program accountability and comply with donor, local partners procedures and SPIR II requirements. Will also enhance capacity of consortium compliance and monitoring team and implementing partners through technical skill transfer and get use technologies / adapt systems to ensure operational quality, accountability and compliance across implementing agencies.
Major Responsibilities :
- Lead and support monitoring and compliance team in planning and ensure execution of food assistance monitoring and compliance plan for the improvements of operations as per food aid / food assistance monitoring and compliance principles, standards and procedures.
- Establish and ensure standard food assistance operational procedures will be implemented in operational areas of SPIR II food assistance.
- Improve monitoring and compliance systems, develop tools and mechanisms to ensure quality commodity management in terms of warehousing, documentation, overall commodity flow and food transfer.
- Develop / revise monitoring and compliance tools way that encompasses expanded operational geographic areas.
- Lead monitoring and compliance team to ensure transfer of entitlements are made according to the standard ration size.
- Ensure effective monitoring and compliance planning according to humanitarian core standards and principles to ensure that resources can be transferred to program beneficiaries appropriately.
- Work closely with SPIR II food assistance management team, implementing partners, and coordinate food assistance technical team to improve and enhance food assistance operational quality through supporting in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures.
- Lead Monitoring and Compliance TWG and represent food assistance management in any food assistance monitoring and compliance related meetings / sessions.
- Lead monitoring and compliance works in cooperation with food assistance management, food monitors, and compliance team at both headquarters and field offices.
- Lead food assistance monitoring, compliance and accountability processes are effective, transparent and all components are implemented and issues are addressed.
- Ensure all stakeholders’ engagement in the process of food assistance management and transfer to ensure program accountability is effectively and transparently delivered.
- Coordinate with partners’ level compliance personnel for effective compliance plan implementation and risk based monitoring is conducted and findings are properly and timely closed.
- Ensure implementing partners are supported on any technical aspects needed and monitoring works are supportive and result based.
- The specialist participates in East African Regional Office MEAL team periodic technical meeting involves in the development and review of technical documents development before adapting to local context.
- S/he monitors port survey, destinations (PDPs) and get survey reports in coordination with the independent surveyors. Support planning, facilitate and ensure conducting of regular live food distribution observations to monitor compliance of food distribution process to consortium and donor agreed standards.
- Support planning, facilitate and ensure conducting of regular commodity end use check in targeted woredas after the completion of each food distribution round to check and verify beneficiaries have received their entitlements as per the standard rations sizes and verify other relevant information of program beneficiaries.
- Support planning, facilitate and ensure conducting of regular warehouse inspection in target woredas secondary warehouses to check and ensure higher level of Compliance to donor and Consortium level standards in commodity handling and warehouse management practices.
- Support planning, facilitate and ensure conducting of periodic post distribution monitoring in targeted woredas after the completion of each food distribution round to check and verify beneficiaries have received their entitlements as per the standard rations sizes and verify other relevant information of program beneficiaries
- Ensure regular monitoring if controlling mechanisms and procedures are established and practiced at FDP, Woreda and PDP level of operations to maintain adequate food commodities handling, movement and distribution of food commodities to mitigate risk of fraud and misappropriation of program resources.
- Ensure that all kinds of food assistance risk monitoring methods and tools are used at all food assistance handling and management level to comply with all standards.
- Ensure that monitoring / compliance activities are carried out to the required level and standard and quality monitoring / compliance reports are timely produced, compiled and shared with all concerned bodies.
- Based on monitoring findings and observations, continuously provide feedback to field level staff and management, compliance officer and Food Assistance manager for follow up and operation quality assurance.
- Support on recruitment of monitoring, warehouse staff, and contribute to performance management of those staff and ensures positive and collaborative working relationships in line with WVE’s Code of Conduct in collaboration with SPIR II food assistance management.
- Identifies commodity staff capacity gaps and facilitates capacity building plan.
- Support and sometimes lead regular team meeting to review program progress and facilitate learning.
- Engage and ensure that appropriate tools like monitoring and warehouse staff performance management, coaching and mentoring are practiced within warehouse commodity management team to enhance smooth staff relations and ensure accountability.
- Supervise food aid officers and compliance coordinator directly and implementing partners monitoring and compliance team indirectly.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
- Years of experience in food assistance / food aid programs, disaster mitigation and development related fields with a minimum of 5 years’ of work experience on food aid / food assistance monitoring / compliance.
- MA/MSc or BA/BSc Food Science, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Disaster Management, Agriculture, Rural Development, and related fields.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of PSNP and USAID Food Security and Resilience programs
- Demonstrated capacity on commodity monitoring and compliance team coordination / management.
- Experience in food assistance programing, Grants/project management, Market assessment and Analysis, Cash transfer programing, food aid monitoring and report writing.
- Good understanding of humanitarian standards and core principles
- Good knowledge of local context
- INGO experience
- Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Travel up to 40% of time to SPIR II operation areas
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected] or through ethiojobs.net
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies