Number of Position: One
Duty station; S SPIR II Consortium Office
Strengthen PSNP Institutions and Resilience II (SPIR II) is an anticipated 5-year USAID/BHA funded Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) led by World Vision and including consortium partners CARE, ORDA and IFPRI. World Vision and its partners will create a strong, shock responsive ecosystem of public, private, and community level actors to support PSNP households to graduate from poverty and sustain income and food security gains in 17 targeted woredas in Amhara and Oromia regions. Building from key formative and research studies during an initial refinement period, SPIR II will use continuous learning to drive program level reflection, analysis, and adaptation.
Purpose of the position:
The SPIR II Food Commodities Stock Controller / Commodity Accountant will provide expertise and ensure the careful control of all commodity-related transactions, records, flow and mandatory commodity reporting. The stock controller will ensure smooth commodity handling, recording and movement. The stock controller will contribute to program effectiveness through maintaining and controlling records as per donor and organizational standards / requirements in context to SPIR II operation. This position holder will also enhance the capacity of implementing partners in terms of technical skill transfer and ensure the commodity transaction quality, recording and reporting quality across implementing agencies.
Major Responsibilities :
- Plan and carry - out of food assistance commodity stock controlling activities as per food aid / food assistance stock controlling principles, standards and procedures.
- Ensure that standard food assistance operational procedures are implemented in record keeping, warehouse management and documentation in areas of SPIR II food assistance.
- Recommend improvement ways of inventory control, revise checklists and mechanisms to establish quality commodity tracking in terms of warehousing, documentation, overall commodity flow and food transfer.
- Conduct field monitoring activities to PDPs, SDPs and FDPs, to ensure food handling, recording, flow and movement.
- Produce workable monthly and periodic mandatory commodity reports preparation plan and ensure effective implementation of the plan according to commodity reporting standards and principles to ensure report quality and meet reporting deadlines.
Coordination and Collaboration.
- Closely work with field level commodity accountants, store keepers, and consortium level SPIR II food assistance information reporting specialist to maintain and enhance food assistance information reporting quality
- Actively participate in Food Assistance Monitoring, Reporting and Compliance TWG and contribute to program effectiveness regarding food commodities stock controlling and management.
- Perform smooth and ensure effective communication with internal and partners level commodity accountants and reporting team.
- Contribute significantly to stock controlling, and reporting processes in collaboratively working with store keepers, commodity coordinator and reporting specialist.
Performing Stock Controlling and Reporting Activities
- Support FAIRS in data entry, documentation and filing
- Work closely with FAIRS specially on CCTS, posting of reports to the DGDB, IC and quarter (QWICR) reports to own systems and handle related tasks in the absence of FAIRS
- Ensure proper warehouse records and management are conducted to the proper donor and WVE standards.
- Prepare quality monthly commodity reports for World Vision and ensure submission of mandatory commodity reports to the Food Assistance Information Reporting Specialist (FAIRS).
Monitor warehouse and commodity stock controller staffs skills, gaps and provide on job skill transfer and advice proper capacity building sessions.
- Monitor warehouse commodity staff knowledge of their specific jobs and implementation of each duty’s JD to enhance performance of each staff and ensure positive and collaborative working relationships in line with WVE’s Code of Conduct in collaboration with SPIR II food assistance management.
- Identifies warehouse commodity staff and commodity accountants’ capacity gaps and propose action points.
- Ensure food commodities warehouse store keepers are well trained and manage commodity and records in warehouses independently
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
- 3 - 4 Years of experience in food assistance / food aid programs, disaster mitigation and development related fields with a minimum of 3 years’ experience on food aid / food commodities stock controlling.
- BA/BSc / Diploma in Food Science , Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Management, Accounting , Disaster Management, Agriculture and related fields.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge and working understanding of PSNP and USAID/BHA commodity management standards
- Demonstrated capacity on food commodities stock controlling and reporting.
- Experience on CCTS / LMMS and report writing.
- Good understanding of humanitarian standards and core principles
- Good knowledge of local context
- INGO experience
- Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office based with travel to the field
- Travel: 30% Field
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected] or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies