Abyssinia Horti PLC is looking for a Supervisor R&D trials in Kunzila (Bahir Dar). Abyssinia Horti PLC produces open field crops, mainly focussing on Hypericum and Veronica. The farm is Code of Practice Silver or Global GAP certified.
The supervisor R & Dis reporting directly to the Farm Manager/Country Director. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual, who is a team player with a hands-on and problem solving mentality.
- Competitive salary
- Abyssinia Horti PLC is striving to have at least 50% female representation in the management team. In order to achieve this, the preferred candidate for this position will be female.
- Advice and report on the whole trial status of flowers to R&D team
- Ensure that the trial is implemented according to the plan.
- Fill the field assessment and evaluation of various flower varieties together with Country Director and attached the file with email to R&D team.
- Planting different trial plants in DF and MF.
- Prepare rooted and unrooted cuttings, send and receive cuttings from different farms.
- Responsible for Mother stock and green house trial plants.
- Coordination/Monitoring the different cultivation requirements, planting date, cutting date ensure the trial weekly and daily planned program activity.
- Minimum BSc in Agriculture or related field
- Fluent in English and Amharic speaking and writing
- Good computer skills
- Observant, analytical, accurate
- Independent and self-disciplined
How to Apply