Solidaridad Network is an international solution-oriented civil society organization working through eight regional expertise centres to transform markets to make them more sustainable and inclusive. Our eight regional expertise centres include Asia, Eastern and Central Africa, Europe, Latin America, North America, Southern Africa, South America, West Africa and our global Secretariat in the Netherlands. Solidaridad Eastern and Central Africa, one of the regional centres, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with country offices and programmes in Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Uganda. We bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all. We facilitate strengthening of local capacity in developing countries, support the creation of enabling environments for economies to thrive, and improve market access.
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
Through EU funding Solidaridad in partnership with Stahl Holdings BV and MVO Netherlands and other partners in the leather sector (Ethiopian Leather Industries Development Institute(LIDI) and Ethiopian Leather Industry Association (ELIA)) are implementing Green Tanning Initiative Project (“GTI”) project. The main objective of the project is to contribute to a sustainable, quality, and environmental-friendly value chain that generates green business growth and creates jobs in the leather industry in Ethiopia by 2021.
SCOPE OF WORK
This end term evaluation is expected to assess the effectiveness of the implementation strategy of the project in a direct intervention set up. This will include the implementation modalities and participation by all consortium partners. The end term evaluation will include a review of the project design and assumptions made at the beginning of the programme development process. It will assess whether results have been achieved, the implementation strategy has been optimum and recommend areas for improvement and learning. The end term evaluation will also assess whether project resources were efficiently utilized to produce planned results. Lastly, the sustainability of the project will be looked at to ensure lasting impact.
For more details and application click the below link:
REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA OF ASSIGNMENT
The consultancy is open to consultancy firms. Selection of suitable candidates will be undertaken in accordance with the evaluation criteria (Annex A). The requirements are as follows:
- International track record and demonstrated experience regarding evaluation of agriculture/manufacturing related projects in Africa.
- Three Reference letters from donors or other organizations who commissioned project evaluations, indicating how they appreciated the quality of project evaluation work done by the consultant/firm.
- Written engagement stating that the consultancy and its team members do not have any direct or indirect interest in the results of the project evaluation and possible future new projects.
Selection criteria for the evaluation team:
- The team leader should have demonstrated experience & expertise in project evaluation in Africa, as well as experience in agricultural/manufacturing value chain development in Ethiopia
- The team leader should have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in carrying out any type of evaluations, demonstrable academic and practical experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodology, evaluation design and implementation.
- Essential to have experience in the area of textile or leather and leather products manufacturing and proven experience in related project evaluations.
- At least one of the team members should have experience in assessing gender and youth inclusion.
How to Apply
The consultant is required to submit a letter of interest containing a statement on candidate’s experience with similar assignments, curriculum vitae, work plan, technical proposal and other relevant legal documents to [email protected] and financial proposal to [email protected] .
Subject reference: “GTI - End Term Evaluation”