BEAEKA General Business PLC was founded as a family business in 2010 G.C. and has transformed in few years from single family business to one of the biggest national conglomerate by the founding father of the company, Ato Kassahun Misganaw. As a multi-sector company, BEAEKA is engaged in Construction, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Import/Export and Petroleum sectors.
Our growing company is seeking to hire Virtualization and Network Infrastructure Engineer who will be in charge of designing, installing and administrating Data Center and Network Infrastructure integrating with Virtualization technology for our ongoing ERP Implementation project. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, planning, organizing and the coordination of resources; and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
Job Position Summary:
Virtualization and Network Infrastructure Engineer is strongly required to possess skills and knowledge of planning, designing, implementing and administering Network Infrastructure that supports several virtual machines, wireless network services (Wireless LAN and VPN), video, data, and voice for our ongoing ERP Implementation.Responsible for enterprise server backups, disaster recovery (configuration and management) and virtualization technology that supports several virtual machines running over few physical servers . This position also contributes to efforts that ensures security, compliance, performance, capacity, operational standards and service level agreements are met for systems built On Premise and in the Cloud deployment. The candidate must also be proficient to install and configure Window Server 2016 or latest version for required host servers (physical and virtual) and configure network services (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, FTP etc) and latest edition of Virtual Machine Manager. S/he must also be able to install, configure and administer Enterprise Linux Servers , Enterprise Backup systems, and Network Monitoring Tools. Must perform disaster recovery operations and record backups when required. Able to maintain, configure and administer routers, firewall, switch for efficient VPN availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan, design, and install Data Center (Physical and Virtual) network infrastructure and Oversee the activities of the Data Center, Server Management and Support Groups, including Scheduling and Prioritizing Server Activities to assure the high availability of the high-end ERP system.
· Install, configure and administer Enterprise Linux Servers, Microsoft Windows Servers, Enterprise Backup systems, and Network Monitoring Tools.
- Deep understanding of storage, virtual, and hybrid cloud platforms.
- Must perform validation of disaster recovery plans and operations and record backups.
- Maintain, configure and administer routers, firewall, switch and VPNs
- Must carry out the configuration of routing and switching equipment to various branches.
· Plan, design, install and configure advanced and latest Virtual Server Technologies and VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) Architecture.
- Adheres to guidelines for storage and virtual systems sizing and capacity planning.
- Works with the project management office to gather business requirements and develop solutions according to business needs.
- Install and configure Window Server 2016 or latest version required host servers (physical and virtual) and configure network services (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, FTP, Mail etc.) and latest edition of Virtual Machine Manager
· Instruct and direct the Management of DNS, SMTP, DHCP, Domain, Active Directory Applications, Print and File Servers, Mail, Web Servers, SharePoint Servers, and FTP service, virtualization and other knowledge areas to subordinates.
· Maintaining and Restoring Backup Servers for databases and Standard Internet Services such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, Mail, Web, Print and File Servers and FTP Service.
· Manages Server Security features to protect confidential information while allowing appropriate access.
· Maintain a secure and stable IT environment; manage patches and upgrades of systems and software.
- Measure and maintain services within defined Service Level Agreements. Proposes changes where improvements are needed.
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Maintain, configure, and monitor virus protection software and email applications.
- Coordinate with vendors, employees,team members and clients to organize project expectations and evaluate and identify challenges and utilize resources to solve problems
- Follow and report to the project manager on the progress of the virtualization, and network infrastructure project;
- They need to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software, hardware, and other network and system problems.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Organize, track and document all project documents
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team.
Core and Functional Competencies
- Shares knowledge and experience by promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing;
- Provides helpful feedback and advice;
- Strong analytical and problem solving;
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals;
- Generates innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations;
- Conceptualizes and analyses problems to identify key issues, underlying problems, and how they relate;
- Demonstrates substantive and technical knowledge to meet responsibilities and post requirements with excellence;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing;
- Makes the case for innovative ideas documenting successes and building them into the, design of new approaches; identifies innovative approaches and strategies that promote the use of tools and mechanisms;
- Computer Engineering,
- Computer Science, or
- Information Technology, or Information Science.
- At least 10 years (for BSc) of practical experience in directly related areas;
- Data Center, Network Infrastructure and Virtualization design and installation.
- Security Architecture roles with Infrastructure & Technology domain;
- Experience in Windows Server platforms for (Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, FTP, DFS, Hyper-V Cluster) and Virtualization,
- Installing, configuring and administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers ,
- Deep understanding of storage, virtual, and hybrid cloud platforms.
- Must perform disaster recovery operations and record backups when required.
- Maintaining, configuring and administering routers, firewall, switch and VPNs
- Responsible for creating and validating disaster recovery plan.
The followings are Added Advantages
- A history of leading and supporting ; installing and administering Data Centers and Network Infrastructure and Virtualization in a successful ERP Implementation projects.
- Experience documenting hardware, virtualization, and networking infrastructure requirements in ERP implementation.
- Certifications Required
- CCIE (Cisco), CCNP (Cisco)
· Microsoft® Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft® Certified Solution Associate (MCSA),
· VMware V Sphere (Install, Configure, and Manage)
How to Apply