ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position : WAN and Security administrator (Re-advert)
Term of Employment : Full Time
Duty Station(s) : One year with possibility of extension
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits : Competitive
Application Deadline : September 09, 2019
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
Information technology (IT) WAN and Security administrator is responsible for providing system- and network-related solutions for the organization’s information-technology assets. The ideal candidate will also possess the skills to install, administer and troubleshoot the organization’s security solutions. S/he is required to oversee the functioning of networking equipment and follow strict maintenance standards. Their experience in the IT and networking fields is also used to develop new strategies to optimize network security operation.
- Design, configure, deploy, and maintain the organization’s enterprise security infrastructure
- It is the responsibility of the WAN and Security administrator to perform device or system running, monitoring, troubleshooting, administering Qos devices, VPN Devices, Routers, Switches and other network devices as well as administering network servers like Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Mail Gateways, etc..
- Manages the wide and local area voice and data network by securing access to resources, maintaining equipment and monitoring network performance. Assist the end-user, other IT professionals, and external customers in requesting security variances and implementation of subsequent configuration change requests
- Recommend best security practices to achieve organizational goals, advises on risk assumptions for any variances granted, and provides alternatives to achieve desired end results
- Assist in incident response for any breaches, intrusions, or theft
- Monitor systems for any anomalies, proper updating, and patching
- Performs network management i.e. WAN Administration, LAN Administration, Remote Access Administration and IP-VPN
- Hands on experience configuring Firepower and Multiple VLANs based on recent technologies
- Troubleshoots and solves the most complex network connectivity problems, including monitoring the network and servers for problems, diagnosing problems, and taking the appropriate corrective measures to ensure an expedient resolution.
- Defines and implements network disaster recovery and hardware, software and information protection and file integrity.
- Ensures network security by insuring proper user accessibility, and being able to reasonably guard against the most complex threats to security that will face our network.
- Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of network system protocols, standards and Fiber Optic.
- Hand on experience with a wide variety devices (routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, VoIP)
- Experience with monitoring tools, and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to demonstrate technical understanding network and application layer protocols such as IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, SMTP, DNS, HTTPS.
- Familiarity with Local Traffic Managers and Cisco Wireless controllers.
- Ability to implement and support routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, BGP, EIGRP) and WAN technologies (e.g., MPLS, OC-3, DS3). Knowledge and exposure to a variety of firewall environments.
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Identify threats and work to create steps to defend against them
- Perform vulnerability and penetration tests across all network segments
- Configure security systems such as firewalls, antivirus, and IDS/IPS software
- Create network policies and authorization roles for file access
- Analyze current security requirements and make suggestions for improvements
- Consult with staff, managers and executives on the best security practices
- Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
- Significant network troubleshooting and resolution experience of LAN’s, WAN’s, WLAN’s, RAS, etc. Familiarity with security related network issues and their appropriate resolution.
- Maintains system documentation and configuration data for regulatory and audit purposes
- Coach and guide Service Desk and Desk Side Support technicians in their incident response, directing incident first responder actions, and appropriately escalating issues
- Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Perform vulnerability and networking scanning assessments
- Monitor network traffic for unusual activity
- Work closely with the fellow tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Attend and actively participate in team, vertical and organization wide meetings.
- Coordinate with the rest of the IT team to meet the team objectives.
- Provide emergency 24 x 7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience for bachelors / 3 Years for master’s degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology, its equivalent.
- CCNA preferably CCNP certified
- Relevant Microsoft certification is advantageous.
- Five (5) years’ experience in administrating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and enhancing network systems which includes firewalls, DNS, VPN, LAN, WLAN Cisco products, (including but not limited to Adaptive Security Appliance, Cisco ASDM, Cisco IOS), and Windows servers for load balancing, functionality, security, performance, patches, outages, redundancy, implementations and scalability.
- Knowledge of common protocols such as SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, NTP, LDAP, KERBEROS, RADIUS
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et by mentioning the position title on the subject line.
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.