Digital Knowledge Platform Officer
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #015/2021
Sustainable Industrial Clusters (S.I.C)
One of the fundamental aspects of Ethiopia’s industrialization strategy is the establishment of Industrial Parks (IPs) around the country. The parks aim to attract foreign direct investments, to increase the country’s exports, to create jobs for the growing population, and to promote the country as a light manufacturing hub on the continent. At the beginning of 2020, IPs in Ethiopia were providing employment for 92,000 people, yet with a high turnover of employees. IPs have the potential to achieve higher prosperity for the regions and deliver a step-change in economic development for the country. The GIZ project “Sustainable Industrial Clusters” (S.I.C.), which is co-financed by the UK and Germany, shall promote socially and ecologically sustainable garment and textile production in selected IPs. It shall contribute to this by tackling issues on: park operations, labor satisfaction, environmental and social regulatory standards as well as their enforcement.
In this regard the project is looking for a Digital Knowledge Platform Officer to support its newly established Strategy Unit.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop the project´s information architecture (knowledge management system) and content management
- Monitor the implementation of the knowledge management system
- Updating and maintaining internal tools to streamline project information
- Finding digital solutions to optimize team´s mode of cooperation (for both internal and external stakeholders)
- Supporting in streamlining the overall monitoring and evaluation process in the project in e.g. updating stakeholder information and any relevant knowledge management data
- Continuously liaise with the project technical team and strategy unit to plan and monitor inputs, activities, and outreach, according to the overall project planning
- Masters’ Degree in business administration / communication / software engineering / computer science / project management / similar
- Good knowledge of Amharic and English language both in speaking and writing, German language knowledge is an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of IT (E-mail, internet and computer applications such as MS Office)
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in similar role in private sector, development agencies or international organizations
- Minimum 5 years in software development, digital publishing and content optimization
- Prior experience in programming and graphic design is an asset
- Proven ability to build and manage online communities and networks
- Prior experience working for GIZ and/or FCDO (or the former United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID)) is an asset
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Track record of developed digital applications/platforms
- Highly analytical, ability to quickly synthesis information and has problem-solving skills
- Ability to liaise with different stakeholders
- Good time management skills, able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong communication skills, eye for detail and team spirit
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: [email protected]
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘ Digital Knowledge Platform Officer #015/2021’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.